75 | Nico O'Reilly - 2024/25

So is it possible that academy talent is at last good enough for Pep rather than seeming to prefer talent that other PL teams have proven to be OK at that level.?
I am mindful that Messi played Spanish style football whereas Pep himself had to adjust and eventually prove with trusted City players that his style could consistently win in the PL.

I think we can thank Cole Palmer for that.

With Foden it was easy to let him in because a blind man could see his talent.

He couldn't shoe horn Palmer in with Mahrez and Bernardo but some others should benefit where there's obviously some room and no legit backup.

FFS Bobb saved our season with his goal against Newcastle imo.. I don't think we win the league without that.

I think we can thank Cole Palmer for that.

With Foden it was easy to let him in because a blind man could see his talent.

He couldn't shoe horn Palmer in with Mahrez and Bernardo but some others should benefit where there's obviously some room and no legit backup.

FFS Bobb saved our season with his goal against Newcastle imo.. I don't think we win the league without that.
Thanks for your reply.

While played mostly in Rodris position in preseason, I think he can be so good in a Gundogan like role where he defends deep but pushes higher.

He has alot of good attacking qualities, would make use of all his attributes.

While played mostly in Rodris position in preseason, I think he can be so good in a Gundogan like role where he defends deep but pushes higher.

He has alot of good attacking qualities, would make use of all his attributes.
He looked a terrific prospect, able to play in either of those positions.

I've longed for a City team made up mainly of homegrown talent, this YA could provide that.

Foden, Rico, Bobb, McAtee, O'Reilly, Susoho, Doyle

Lost count how many times he gave the ball away cheaply with misplaced passes.

Still think he's closer to City's level than McAtee, who doesn't even have the physical tools going for him like O'Reilly does.

Lost count how many times he gave the ball away cheaply with misplaced passes.

Still think he's closer to City's level than McAtee, who doesn't even have the physical tools going for him like O'Reilly does.

Nico reminded me of a new signing who doesn't get the way we play yet. Which is the one thing he shouldn't seem considering we play this way throughout the age-levels.

Seemed to take touches and then think about what to do, when it was too late, rather than know what to do on receiving the ball.

Agree about McAtee, not sure he'll ever be our level (no crime in that).

Nico reminded me of a new signing who doesn't get the way we play yet. Which is the one thing he shouldn't seem considering we play this way throughout the age-levels.

Seemed to take touches and then think about what to do, when it was too late, rather than know what to do on receiving the ball.
and that is because it is quicker and the opposition close you down in better ways. There was enough to show some possibilities - but he wont be first change for Rodri just yet. However, if that is Pep's plan for him then I doubt he will go on loan because there is only Pep who can teach him that role.

and that is because it is quicker and the opposition close you down in better ways. There was enough to show some possibilities - but he wont be first change for Rodri just yet. However, if that is Pep's plan for him then I doubt he will go on loan because there is only Pep who can teach him that role.

Yeah that's the difficulty isn't it? Going on loan and learning how to play for a different team isn't all that useful for players we want to be good enough for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.