#8 | İlkay Gündoğan - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's quietly come back from injury and helped us massively in the way we control games.

He really is a footballer of the highest quality possible, easily got another 3-4 years at the top in him, especially in this team and system.

Also I noticed a few posts about his potential future, he's made it very clear the last couple years that he is strongly chasing the champions league, I'm not sure there is any team better in Europe to do that other than here, can't seem him thinking of going anywhere anytime soon tbh.

I think that Gundogan and Bernardo are the best partnership in the world. They’re like Xavi and Iniesta (not necessarily positionally but in terms of their tandem).

Yea they look very comfortable together and totally on the same wavelength (as Bernardo's first goal showed when Ilkay first made the run, pointed it where he wanted it and Bernardo slipped him in for the shot).

Bernardo knits it all together because he compliments rodri so well too. Its a very humble, hard working and brilliant midfield as a collective that is greater than the sum of its parts (and the individual parts are very very good). Over to you kev!

He's set a very high standard and was disappointing against Leipzig along with a few others , nothing came off for him put it down to one of those nights , at least he had a stinker in a non--descript match.

He's set a very high standard and was disappointing against Leipzig along with a few others , nothing came off for him put it down to one of those nights , at least he had a stinker in a non--descript match.
Gundo, Ferna and Kevin together in midfield are now like a string vest, adequate in attack but porous in defence.

Gundo, Ferna and Kevin together in midfield are now like a string vest, adequate in attack but porous in defence.

The drop off from Bernardo and Rodri is huge,playing that trio in anything other than a nailed on is suicidal.

Gundo is another who needs a rest,he is beginning to resemble the figure that struggled a couple of seasons back.

Last edited:
Just got engaged.

maybe that was why he was terrible on Tuesday...had bigger things on his mind.

Dreadfull, but i'm not judging him in essentially a meaningless match. Maybe he suffered when the other arround him also have dreadfull match, just be gratefull that he didn't get injured. Need him with bernardo and rodri at his side to utilize his strength at maximum effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.