#8 | İlkay Gündoğan - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor in the 1st half,giving the ball away, poor passing and caught in possession. However improved after the break culminating in the superb free kick.
The game will have helped his match fitness.
I'm glad you recognize the quality of the free kick.
I did see some pundit say that the keeper was at fault...
Nope.it was just another Magic Manchester City Moment...
The Gundog Free Kick was quality of the highest order.

Added an extra layer of calmness when he came on.

Said a while back he's by far and away the most likely to become a manager and in my eyes a very successful one too from this city side. You can see his intelligence on the pitch, constantly takes it upon himself without instruction to fill different roles were lacking on the pitch. Pep rarely shouts instructions to him because the guy just knows.

The Southampton game showed how we miss Gundo in tight games , he looks after the ball and is always likely to nick a goal surprised he didnt come on for the last 20 minutes for Bernardo , because he was only having a 6/10 game than his usual 8/10 , and Gundo would have given S'ton something different to worry about.

The Southampton game showed how we miss Gundo in tight games , he looks after the ball and is always likely to nick a goal surprised he didnt come on for the last 20 minutes for Bernardo , because he was only having a 6/10 game than his usual 8/10 , and Gundo would have given S'ton something different to worry about.

He should have been on at half time for Grealish.
We are just so much better when he’s playing well.

He was carrying a back injury in December and it must be still bothering him now. Don't forget his career nearly ended early at Dortmund due to a chronic back issue.
I guess so.

A football coach&analysts friend of mine said that Gundo would be out of starting XI after watching Christmas match against Leicester. He pointed out that Gundo needed to take primary responsibility for it 2 of Leicester goals.

There were also similar occasions in the game facing Leipzig, Wolves and Leeds.

Given Gundo is such a high quality player, it is very reasonable to suspect his back injury still hurts him. Pep also commented in December about we need to find a way to bring back the best of Gundo.

The reason he isn't playing is that Kev is preferred. The pair of them don't have the legs to start together and Kev is getting the nod. It's an insane scenario, but i feel the team functions better when gundo starts with Bernie and Rodri. However, if Sterling had put the ball in the open net, I might not even be writing this comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.