#8 | İlkay Gündoğan - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on Twitter that City has approached Gundo for a 2 year extension. Many City supporters were super upset on twitter under that tweet.

I, on the other hand, think Gundo would be a great person to keep around and would be a superb mentor for someone like McAtee.

Last edited:
I saw on Twitter that City has approached Gundo for a 2 year extension. Many City supporters super upset on the app. I think Gundo would be a great person to keep around and would be a superb mentor for someone like McAtee.
Tbh, I don't remember the last time an otherwise relevant City player got pushed out of the club before their legs had gone (which is why the Transfer Forum is often an odd read on that front).

Also it's not a coincidence he's vice-captain (and possible captain post Fernandinho).

He's had a quietish season so far. Hopefully he's gearing up for Beast mode like he did last season.

I saw on Twitter that City has approached Gundo for a 2 year extension. Many City supporters were super upset on twitter under that tweet.

I, on the other hand, think Gundo would be a great person to keep around and would be a superb mentor for someone like McAtee.
Like Ferna this season and Kompany before him, some player's worth is way beyond what they do on the pitch. There's an exciting ten years of managers going to come out of the City academy, whether for us or others.

could see today what we miss when he doesnt play. really intelligent player and made some great runs from deep
It staggers me how people still routinely leave him out of best 11 conversations. The guy brings control to the game like nobody else in our squad can offer and has the intelligence to read the game, see what the side is lacking and make himself be the man to do that thing.

Struggling to beat a high press, he comes deep, takes the ball under pressure and plays quick incisive balls to cut through them. struggling to grip the game and keep us high up the pitch, he starts dictating the game, spraying balls everywhere and deciding the tempo we play at. lacking movement upfront, he becomes the third man runner with untrackable runs to offer a goal threat. He does everything.

That ball he laid back for Grealish first half who should have shot first time and buried it was brilliant.

He's had a quietish season so far. Hopefully he's gearing up for Beast mode like he did last season.
Doesn’t function great with kdb in the sane squad but for £25 million probably one of the best signings we have done .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.