#8 | İlkay Gündoğan - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad Pep started with Bernie in the middle instead of Gundo but really not sure why, when Bernie wasn't having a great game and we needed a goal, Pep didn't bring Gundo on

Bringing Foden or Grealish off and pushing Kev forward,while allowing Bernie to dictate in the room that would have then been available,would have been my choice.

IMO
He played more like a second striker rather than a midfielder these days. Bring more sharpness in the box but leave Rodri very isolated in the middle. Better to act as a sub to in the 2nd half.

IMO
He played more like a second striker rather than a midfielder these days. Bring more sharpness in the box but leave Rodri very isolated in the middle. Better to act as a sub to in the 2nd half.
Which is why I think we play best with Gundy Rodri Silva in midfield.

Allows Gundy to get in the box and put away a lot of the chances we've been missing while Silva can assist Rodri in the middle and help link up play from the defence to the attack.

KDB can then have free roam in the false 9 position.

Quality. Our most likely to create and most likely to score throughout most of the game. We miss him when he doesn't play. Essential in the upcoming big games, would be a huge costly mistake if Pep benches him.

Allows Gundy to get in the box and put away a lot of the chances we've been missing while Silva can assist Rodri in the middle and help link up play from the defence to the attack.

KDB has not played as F9 once since the CL final. His injury and ages perhaps play a big factor here. F9 requires a lot of fight with CBs and a lot of running and pressing, which is a quite heavy task. I don't think that he will risk again before the world cup. It is time to give up KDB F9 dream.

KDB has not played as F9 once since the CL final. His injury and ages perhaps play a big factor here. F9 requires a lot of fight with CBs and a lot of running and pressing, which is a quite heavy task. I don't think that he will risk again before the world cup. It is time to give up KDB F9 dream.
They have CR7, we have KDBF9 :)

Last season, that's literally been our best midfield and striker combo.

Also when we "look" the best too.

This season is weird, we've won alot of games and perhaps more at this point than last, but I never feel like we hit the highs of our play like we did last season. We look off even when we win games (Southampton for example).

Last season, that's literally been our best midfield and striker combo.

Also when we "look" the best too.

This season is weird, we've won alot of games and perhaps more at this point than last, but I never feel like we hit the highs of our play like we did last season. We look off even when we win games (Southampton for example).
Agree 100% mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.