#8 | İlkay Gündoğan - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His back is fucked.

He said in an interview last year that he still has issues he has to manage from the back injury that put him out for 18 months at Dortmund and nearly ended his career, and Pep said "Gundogan is struggling a lot with his back," in December and he's been playing less and less since then and performances have dropped off.

If he's got back issues not only is he going to be in pain playing, he'll be unable to train properly and his fitness will fall off a cliff.

I don't think he's going to be playing much of a role in the run in unfortunately.

Last edited:
Yeah he doesn't seem fully fit, but also he seems to be accelerating things to be a coach (perhaps he knows his body isn't last long).

I have a feeling he will retire at the end of his contract here and maybe we can get him an academy coaching role.

Yeah he doesn't seem fully fit, but also he seems to be accelerating things to be a coach (perhaps he knows his body isn't last long).

I have a feeling he will retire at the end of his contract here and maybe we can get him an academy coaching role.

Been saying this for long, his back injury will definitely catching up with him. No wonder Pep didn't start him more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.