#8 | İlkay Gündoğan - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His back is fucked.

He said in an interview last year that he still has issues he has to manage from the back injury that put him out for 18 months at Dortmund and nearly ended his career, and Pep said "Gundogan is struggling a lot with his back," in December and he's been playing less and less since then and performances have dropped off.

If he's got back issues not only is he going to be in pain playing, he'll be unable to train properly and his fitness will fall off a cliff.

I don't think he's going to be playing much of a role in the run in unfortunately.
Makes sense. He’s looked a lot less mobile recently, sadly.

His back is fucked.

He said in an interview last year that he still has issues he has to manage from the back injury that put him out for 18 months at Dortmund and nearly ended his career, and Pep said "Gundogan is struggling a lot with his back," in December and he's been playing less and less since then and performances have dropped off.

If he's got back issues not only is he going to be in pain playing, he'll be unable to train properly and his fitness will fall off a cliff.

I don't think he's going to be playing much of a role in the run in unfortunately.
Is that code for he’s wank?

In all seriousness, he was a complete liability last night. Played in the first half like he had his boots on the wrong feet, miss controlling the ball constantly, and then looking like he’s running in treacle every time he needed to move.

I get we need him to fill in for guys in games in order for everyone to get rest, but it’s a danger to us getting the wins when we could be playing Bernie in his better role and someone else in the front 3.

Is that code for he’s wank?

In all seriousness, he was a complete liability last night. Played in the first half like he had his boots on the wrong feet, miss controlling the ball constantly, and then looking like he’s running in treacle every time he needed to move.

I get we need him to fill in for guys in games in order for everyone to get rest, but it’s a danger to us getting the wins when we could be playing Bernie in his better role and someone else in the front 3.
No its code for he has a back injury which is seriously impacting his training and performance.
Shame because an injury free Ilke would have been a major asset in the run in. We are pretty thin on the ground with both him and Fern not at their very best.

If he’s not fit he shouldn’t be playing. Gundy was immense last season but he’s slowing our players down so much right now & constantly passing back even when in space. Right now I’d have fern over Gundy

Clever player but has looked sluggish recently obviously not able to train due to his back problem. Hopefully will get back to full fitness because he’s a fantastic player

Gundy was sensational vs PSG in November. He looked fitter than ever back then. Let's hope the dip in form is temporary. I don't think he has serious fitness issues, for he started for Germany both games in March. Maybe he needs more games to regain form, not less. Not sure Pep will play him vs Real, though. His performances vs Atlético were average at best. I'd play the same team as vs Liverpool (2:2) with perhaps Grealish for Sterling (unless the latter shows form vs Watford?).

Last edited:
Not fully fit, but his quality still manages to shine through.

He's a very important player for us. If he'd have kept his form/fitness that he showed at the beginning of the season the PL title would be in the bag already as we wouldn't have lost against Spurs or Palace and not drawn against Southampton and West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.