#8 | İlkay Gündoğan - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.webp

Nobody fills in like Gundo. I can't name another player past or present who's more intelligent than Gundogan on the pitch. He sees the things you should only be able to see with a birds eye view and slow mo replays at hand as they are happening infront of him and adjusts his game to give the team what it needs to function better at that moment, sometimes before even Pep sees it. Superb today.

I've said this before but it's worth repeating, he's going to be a superb manager if he wants to be when he hangs up his boots

Integral to our attack today. First two goals came from him. he even looked pretty fast when he was chasing a saint maximan break away. Is his back better?
It does look like he's just the same as a lot of us and some days his back will be great and he looks his old self but on other days it will cause him a bit of pain. Not enough he would tell Pep he can't play but in the heat of the game he will feel it.

Thought he was quietly very good last night. Obviously De Bruyne is deservedly getting all the headlines, but Gundogan kept the ball moving really well.
I was about to post the same thing.

Gundo and Rodri were fantastic in mid. Gundo one-touched nearly every ball only taking multiple touches if he needed to move forward. Our mid is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.