#8 | İlkay Gündoğan - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes sense for all parties. Hopefully it is confirmed so he can get goodbye

Considering the back rumours, it was on the horizon.

I'll miss him, though - a true Rolls-Royce of a player who is the closest thing to David Silva's silky smoothness we've had since he left, and I'll never forget him turning into prime goal-scoring Messi for two months to win us the league last season. Would love to see him train as a coach at the academy level if that's something that interests him, too.

Gutted to be losing him. He's been great for us these past few years and seems to be a really positive leadership presence too.

His contract runs to the end of next season, are we just letting him go somewhere else for a nominal fee or is he fully retiring? Just wondering if he's looking to go and play somewhere he'll get more time on the pitch, or if the back injury's ended his career.

Either way, he goes with our very best wishes. I hope he keeps working on his coaching badges, he's got the intelligence and temperament to make a success of it I think.

Depending in his fitness and willingness to continue, maybe Galatasaray or perhaps New York City. His partner is Italian, I think, so maybe a couple of seasons there. Should have no problem finding somewhere. Great player and, more importantly, an even better person.

Ah, that's a tough one but makes sense. He's another one I hope comes back and joins the coaching staff soon.

Dinho + Gundo is a lot of leadership to lose in one window. Our transfer business is going to be crucial this summer, we are suddenly looking at a minor rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.