#8 | İlkay Gündoğan - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
City are at their best when Gundogan plays. he offers a level of calm and composure no other player does, especially in the big games. He MUST start against Liverpool, whether he takes up the false 9 role again or Pep manages to fit him elsewhere

Last season, that's literally been our best midfield and striker combo.

Also when we "look" the best too.

This season is weird, we've won alot of games and perhaps more at this point than last, but I never feel like we hit the highs of our play like we did last season. We look off even when we win games (Southampton for example).
Agreed

Love me some Gundo, imagine we'll see a lot more of him for this final run of games.

34 - Ilkay Gündogan has scored his 34th Premier League goal for Man City, making him the outright top scoring German in Premier League history, overtaking Mesut Özil (33). Wunderbar.
Was watching the game on German Sky TV and they were all over this fact. I was genuinely surprised as I thought Klinsmann and Rosler would have had more. Anyway an incredible stat for someone not known for his goalscoring. Ilkay has done some commentary on German TV and is a really top bloke in German as well as in Manc (and probably a cracking lad in turkish too!).

I thought we missed him today.He allows Bernie to play his best game while providing a calmness and control in the deeper position no one else in our squad possesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.