8 Changes for Brum?

Jumanji said:
Pushing it? Of course any team can win, and we must not be over confident but Brum dont have a hell of a chance. Even with changes our side is stronger. Not to mention they are very stretched and will probably not even play their strongest side.
We might have better individual players, but it's a team game, and if you make a lot of changes the team can be disjointed.

We will need to play someone like Adam Johnson who can give us a cutting edge and beat a man

How many times over the years have we seen City play weakened teams in the Cups and struggle to beat motivated teams. You forget that Birmingham are holders, and even though they are in Europe they will see this as a very big game.

Jumanji said:
more lazy than useless said:
Kolarov's broken nose is likely to get him a rest I would have thought.
Perfect opportunity to play Kolo and ease him back in.
Hargreaves is likely to only get an hour as he's still struggling a bit. If he struggles too much after training today maybe only coming on as sub.

I'd expect a good few of the kids with a strong spine of first team, but given the injuries/returns it's either a difficult juggle or teamsheet will write itself.
He's struggling? Where'd you hear that?

It's in the 'What the Media Says' story on the OS.

Relevant part is this;

"Mancini revealed last week that Hargreaves was forced to rest on Friday after an hour-long training session 24 hours earlier, but if he emerges unscathed from training, the Italian is ready to name the player in his squad for the Birmingham game."

Here's the link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-papers-say/2011/September/Big-night-for-Owen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-pap ... t-for-Owen</a>

Jumanji said:
prairiemoon said:
Meaning changes from the team that started against Fulham?

if so I'd say-Hart, Richards, Silva
You don't think Hart will play do you? This is the perfect chance for Costel to get a run out.
If it was me, and thank god it isn't, Silva wouldn't play. But Hart would, definately.

I doubt Richards will get in against Everton, but will probably play Bayern, why not play him Wednesday.

I'm just answering your question with the three I think Mancini would most likely put on. I can see Silva marshalling a mid-field of EDS talent, plus Hargreaves.

how about something like this, but Rekik rather than Cunningham
abBf7Ruact.jpg

jay_mcfc said:
I would change every single player;

Pantilimon
Onouha
Savic
K Toure
Kolorov
Hargreaves
Zab
Razak
Johnson
Balotelli
Tevez

Not much in the middle but that team is plenty strong enough to beat Brum at home.

+1

silva is one who definitely needs to rest

and maybe yaya as well if we can (though ive never seen yaya look fully fit yet!!!!)

rest aguero as well

balo and tev to start...they need the patch practise and dzeko needs to be kept on his toes as well

hopefully kolo will get a start but would he play both kolo and savic together... dont think so as that could be dangerous purely downt he fact that neither have played together at a copmetative level and oth are short of match practise.....id like to see what savic is like as well as not really seen much of him yet

get one or two youngsters in.

if vinny isnt on ...give richards the captaincy...be good for him(if he plays)

We crashed out early last year I hope we can get a good run this year, so the whole squad can get regular games and establish match fitness. I am intrigued to see if Onouha plays after the Cook affair!

Plain Speaking said:
We crashed out early last year I hope we can get a good run this year, so the whole squad can get regular games and establish match fitness. I am intrigued to see if Onouha plays after the Cook affair!
I expect he will.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.