#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arrogance that you show when you think you know more than Pep with your unbiased analytical open minded analysis of elite footballers is farcical and I would not dream of wasting my time in trying to shout it down with insult. I was merely replying to a poster who seems to respect the knowledge of pep guardiola.
It's a football forum where people debate their thinking of the game,it would be a very boring place if the criteria was to act like a nodding dog and,irrespective of respect for the man,agree with everything Pep Guardiola does.Thats not arrogance,it's discussion.....and it should be made without resorting to insult.

He's always had that ability to arrive in the box and score goals, but this is the first little run of scoring I can remember for ages.

The arrogance that you show when you think you know more than Pep with your unbiased analytical open minded analysis of elite footballers is farcical and I would not dream of wasting my time in trying to shout it down with insult. I was merely replying to a poster who seems to respect the knowledge of pep guardiola.
i have no real opinion on gundogan, and I think pep is an excellent manager, but to be fair that is an appeal to authority. His decisions can still be constructively criticised. Hes human, he can, has and will make mistakes. Yes he knows a lot more than we do but that doesn't make him immune to getting it wrong, and my personal view is that sometimes he outthinks himself.

I dont wanna argue with you or disrespect you, I know im a guest on this forum and it is for man city fans. Im just saying experts make errors too.

Last edited:
I've always liked Gundo. Finally he's playing in a position where he can thrive and is realizing his potential.

i have no real opinion on gundogan, and I think pep is an excellent manager, but to be fair that is an appeal to authority. His decisions can still be constructively criticised. Hes human, he can, has and will make mistakes. Yes he knows a lot more than we do but that doesn't make him immune to getting it wrong, and my personal view is that sometimes he outthinks himself.

I dont wanna argue with you or disrespect you, I know im a guest on this forum and it is for man city fans. Im just saying experts make errors too.
Exactly.
Many of us,as City supporters,can point to several occasions he has got things,costly things,wrong......fortunately he has got plenty more right ;-)

What's impressing me more than anything lately is his ability to dictate the pace of play.

At the level we play at, that's no easy feat.

Moving him further forward is a master stroke. We have clicked. He seems much more confident and is turning and driving forward as opposed to his previous instinct of playing it back first time.

let it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.