#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so relieved he’s ok. Not having him for the second leg would have been disastrous. He’s brings so much composure to our play, and the way he manipulates the ball with his first touch to put it where he’ll have the most time on the ball is so simple yet so elite. Sometimes he’ll receive the ball and instead of just taking a typical touch with his rear leg and then trying to twist and turn away from the press, he’ll often chop the ball with his first touch into the space and evade it instantly before it becomes an issue. You think he’s about to get swamped and he manipulates it in such a way that he has multiple options. I’m struggling to explain what I mean. Basically I’m saying he’s world class.

I can believe that. Liked Sammy as a player, but was there ever a City player with a more punchable smirk on his boat?

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest

Gonna be honest, I was a bit disappointed to hear it. Came across as pretty aloof, to me, but I don't like it when players are arseholes to "regular" people just doing their job.

Lucky boy to still be playing last night. His foot was firmly planted when Gueye made contact, and that kind of contact too often results in a prolonged period on the sidelines. Given the injuries he's already sustained, it would have been beyond cruel for his campaign to have been cut short now. God willing he'll get the rewards he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.