8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when people did not rate Gundo and wondered what Pep saw in him.

There's a definite moral there.
That's my favourite pass time necrobrowsing Gundo's old threads finding hundreds of gems:

He isn't as good as David and Kevin. That is common sense and not what anyone's conversation was about.
Not him for certain. 9 out of 10 times he came on for Dave and the game just ebbed away and we lost our passing attacking football. You would have noticed that if you were there!

Yep seriously. The gundog fans on here hang on to his one or two good performances he has a season and ignore the majority of games where he doesnt show up. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Gundog is way too slow in his vision and passing to replace the greatest player to have ever pulled on a blue shirt.

Decent player but we could do a lot better.

Lovely player, but possibly something of a luxury.

And this, one of the best
He’s soft, a coward after his injuries. Did he even get a touch last night ??
Frequently disappears then out of nowhere scores a goal or two and everyone loves him again. Sorry but he is not good enough

Turkish is a bit exaggerating, isn't it?

Turkey will undoubtedly claim him as one of their own, seeing as he has Turkish parents. But technically, he is German. He was born in Gelsenkirchen. And chose to play for the German national team.

I think if you asked him he’d say he’s Turkish and German.

He wrote “to my president” on the short he gave Erdogan.

I’m sure I also read that he spends a lot of his spare time going back to the village his grandparents were from in Turkey where his parents now live and he has a house.

That's my favourite pass time necrobrowsing Gundo's old threads finding hundreds of gems:

He isn't as good as David and Kevin. That is common sense and not what anyone's conversation was about.
Not him for certain. 9 out of 10 times he came on for Dave and the game just ebbed away and we lost our passing attacking football. You would have noticed that if you were there!

Yep seriously. The gundog fans on here hang on to his one or two good performances he has a season and ignore the majority of games where he doesnt show up. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Gundog is way too slow in his vision and passing to replace the greatest player to have ever pulled on a blue shirt.

Decent player but we could do a lot better.

Lovely player, but possibly something of a luxury.

And this, one of the best
He’s soft, a coward after his injuries. Did he even get a touch last night ??
Frequently disappears then out of nowhere scores a goal or two and everyone loves him again. Sorry but he is not good enough
In 2018 and 2020, Gundogan was not popular on these forums. And now, he could end up being the treble-winning captain of this side. I imagine if you said that back then, you'd not get the best of responses.

It's actually go and take 200 millions and for 2 years live a life inside and outside of football you hate.
For what? If he stays on Europe e.g us, he will just still take a whole lot(A LOT!) of money. What you can do with 100 million per year you can do with 10 million per year.
Unless you are super greedy and want to sacrifice 2 years of your life.

Never managed to understand this vanity. Well, maybe if I was gaining 10 million Euro per year I would indeed pursue to gain 30 million per year :)
A lot.

Playing in his homeland tonight will be a huge psychological boost for him and will surely benefit us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.