8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only speaking for myself,money isn't my motivation,so i struggle to understand the logic of playing in a tin pot league........however,what he decides to do is entirely his choice and best of luck to him.
These players being offered vast amounts of money late in their career arent just ensuring there own financial future. The sums involved means they are looking after their kids and grandkids futures too

He could still play for a year and one optional one and leave overseeing the rebuild. I am certain we are losing Bernardo anyways. I don't think it's wise to lose them both in the same window when I don't see us being linked to any midfielders who have the potential to replace them
Bellingham? Kovacic, Phil playing more centrally?

Even if we don't get Bellingham, Phil Foden is about to fully arrive. And the deference to Kev/ Gundo may be coming to an end for him.

Kovacic, contrary to popular opinion will be a fantastic addition to the midfield. He is no Gundogan, but he brings something special of his own.

Yes, we lose the jack of all trade skills of Bernardo but we may very well replace it with other skills.

Sad if he goes at all but will be gutted if he throws away his remaining career by going to Saudi, he is only 32 ffs

Sad if he goes at all but will be gutted if he throws away his remaining career by going to Saudi, he is only 32 ffs
If the stars align, if the ball bounces the right way, and if City do get the first, the second will follow quickly the season after. I don't think this has been about City's quality. It has been a strange mental block. The usual suspects are actually getting weaker, and City will only be stronger next season, so the chances aren't too bad.

Hopefully, he will stick around for further glory. The money from the Saudis would still be there, and it will be an even bigger pot of gold with multiple medals around his neck.

If he has won a treble with us. He has nothing left to do. Go and take the 200 milllon deal

It's actually go and take 200 millions and for 2 years live a life inside and outside of football you hate.
For what? If he stays on Europe e.g us, he will just still take a whole lot(A LOT!) of money. What you can do with 100 million per year you can do with 10 million per year.
Unless you are super greedy and want to sacrifice 2 years of your life.

Never managed to understand this vanity. Well, maybe if I was gaining 10 million Euro per year I would indeed pursue to gain 30 million per year :)

It's actually go and take 200 millions and for 2 years live a life inside and outside of football you hate.
For what? If he stays on Europe e.g us, he will just still take a whole lot(A LOT!) of money. What you can do with 100 million per year you can do with 10 million per year.
Unless you are super greedy and want to sacrifice 2 years of your life.

Never managed to understand this vanity. Well, maybe if I was gaining 10 million Euro per year I would indeed pursue to gain 30 million per year :)
Its 2 years doing a job I assume he loves on 10 times the salary making generations of his family financially secure - Kids , Grandkids and probably Great Grandkids along with brothers , sisters etc.

He would likely be treated fantastically well living in the best accommodation with lots of rules relaxed and flights to wherever he wanted on a fairly regular basis.

Don't think its all down to vanity or greed when presented with this option. Personally would feel selfish not taking up the option and doing right by my own on the basis of playing at a higher level towards the latter end of my career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.