8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conversion is £86m per year, £1.65m per week.

Let’s be real, even multi-millionaires can’t reject that.

Let’s say a player was to play professional football for 15 years… They could average £110k per week over their career and still earn less in total than they’d earn during 1 year in Saudi Arabia.

I agree,but i also find it bizzare that you would want to play out there when money is already no object.

Id be playing at the highest level possible till it ws time to retire,and money would not be my motivation.

I dont want him to go. But if we win the treble I think he should. What better way to cement your legacy and have fans last memories of you lifting a treble. Awesome

I want him to stay. He's on a level of DeBruyne now for me. What i mean by that is the opposition are now scared of him in the same way.

I wish him good luck with his decision. I hope he feels it's a little early, and possibly risky.

I agree,but i also find it bizzare that you would want to play out there when money is already no object.

Id be playing at the highest level possible till it ws time to retire,and money would not be my motivation.
It's easy to say what you'd do when you're not in his shoes. If he wins the champion he has basically won it all and it would be very dificult(not to say impossible) to top this season

Conversion is £86m per year, £1.65m per week.

Let’s be real, even multi-millionaires can’t reject that.

Let’s say a player was to play professional football for 15 years… They could average £110k per week over their career and still earn less in total than they’d earn during 1 year in Saudi Arabia.
China used to offer exorbitant sums to players and did it really improve their league ? Hardly anyone goes there nowadays.

For me, Gundogan is the best Big game player we've ever had. Yaya and Kompany had some big moments in city shirts but I think ilkay is better than them.

I cant see him going to Saudi.. will be harder to live a productive commercial life in germany if he does that. Maybe if he moves his base to Turkey or something. I'm more worried about Barca still.
I think very few north-ish European will go there.

i think they more will go after south american out of contracts, muslim and latin ones and some east euro ones like Modric where the blowback will not be as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.