8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passenger yesterday for me, too often he is showing his age these days. Wouldn’t be unhappy to see him move on this summer.

Could understand a further year, but I’m not sure I want to see Gundo in 2 years time still getting games in our midfield.
it would probably look a bit like dinhos last year if we kept him.
not sure why we didnt start with alvarez yesterday. would have rather had a rested gündo for the cl away game.

I thought he was our worst player yesterday, in that he doesn't seem to mind if the game drifts him by sometimes. With us getting in the box time and again in that first half, I felt it was crying out for a late run into the box from midfield (think Lampard) to bury one. With Kev occupying wider areas for crosses (or just spooning his shots) and with three in midfield I think that should have been Gundo, but he's just a little bit 'meh' at times. I thought every other player looked 'at it', but not particularly Gundo

Weird comments. He was out best player today. Anything even remotely creative had him at the centre of it, only player in the entire side looking to pass forward before backwards.

Love him to bits for what he’s done the last few seasons, but him and Bernardo are too safe and negative with the ball at the minute. Their reluctance to play Haaland in looks almost like a personal issue at times.

If you are playing in the front two, you have to be scoring or assisting and he did neither. We got killed on our left side second half while he stood alongside Haaland doing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.