8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is coming from a huge Gundog fan but he can't play 90 mins anymore. Legs are generally gone by the 60th min.
This is it , I think he needs to be used as an impact sub or for European games with the knowledge that he’ll not play the full game. You could see when Leipzig brought on fast and physical players that his impact really started waning.

For me he was the first sub that should’ve been made, and I would’ve slid Grealish over beside Bernardo and kept Rodri at the base. We would’ve had a stronger core

I’m an unashamed Gundog fanboy, he’s a craftsman and probably our most influential player. He doesn’t need to be tearing round at full speed for 90 mins to exert his influence which is why Pep kept him on.

That assist was 100% his and 100% intentional.

Part of the issue this season is Pep has given Gundo and Kev the Messi permission of not having to track back anymore. Issue being they are midfielders and are thus leaving gaping holes....also they are not Messi.

He's good for 60/70 mins but its no coincidence teams start to take a hold against us after this time. He's still a very good player but he needs to be utilized correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.