8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ilkay can play at a high level in to his mid-30s because his game isn’t based on speed or athleticism, it’s based on positioning, technique, and clever play.

He’s a cross between Pirlo and Lampard.

Hope we get another one or two years from him before he goes to Spain.

It will be his choice if he want to stay or not especially if we win Champions League this year. We are not kind of Club that forces the player to stay.

That Silkly MF Ilkay!

Still buzzing about that first goal! Dream level type of goal. Just wow.

Surprise, surprise...involved (creating or scoring) in another KEY MOMENT IN A MASSIVE MUST WIN GAME.

"Lions and tigers and Gundo, oh my!"

Can we recall a more underrated player in the history of the PL? We sure have a few, it feels.

I think it's starting to be hard to not place him into the category of some sort of fine bottle of wine like a late career Ballon D'Or winner CM who gets FAR more credit, Modric, which I can understand due to performance on national side and CL...

Gundo is hard to not make a comparison to. The epitome of what we know as a "pure footballer."

An example to support Pep's "nice guys" philosophy as belief worthy (had a massive shift across the sport from managers, especially in England) understandably reason I wonder if some of our own fans doubted his impact in his first few seasons, following an insane injury record.

(I think we need to find that NY Times article on his recovery for hints -- Oddly enough I never read it!)

It's because his ego doesn't get in the way of his manager's trust in his talents in so many ways and situations.

He earns respect and is a leader by combining the modeling of the highest levels of professionalism rather than through a lot of words and " behavior/attitude (which psychology tells is is more powerful often than yelling at or other didactic forms) with:

in training, off the pitch, intelligence, perseverance, character, desire, poise.

Prediction: If we don't win CL he stays, if we win, he goes.

I suspect that's what it might be down to, but hard to know and also with Bellingham off the table (supposedly, and if that is the case) more reason he'll be back I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.