8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We simply have to keep him especially if we lose Bernado. If Gundo wants a 2 year contract give it him. He'll play less games as he ages but will be a good player to bring on off the bench when needed. I'll be pretty gutted if he leaves this summer but if he decides to he can walk away with his head held high.

The deal to move him to Spain must be fairly close to being completed. Still, giving a three-year contract to a 32-year old might not be a bad idea. Another comical face-plant to signify the fourth in a row would be nice.

I cannot understand why we haven't got him signed up to stay. Pep wants him, he's got 2 years in him easily, even if he drops off a cliff in 12 months he's still going to be good as an option and not an every game starter. Have to keep him. Losing him and Bernardo together I fear will be too much for us to cope with in terms of not letting standards drop whilst their replacements spend 12 months adapting.

Stepped up when Silva needed time off in 17/18.

Stepped up when Ferna was out 18/19.

Top goal scorer in 20/21 pushing us to the title.

Scored the goal that won us the league last year.

Truly a City legend and will fully deserve to lift any of the titles we might win this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.