8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has become more clutch over time partly because the league has changed so much due to Pep. He used to struggle a bit when the league was more kick and rush & teams wouldn’t press us but counter instead. We could sometimes get overrun. It’s far more tactical now, favouring intelligence even more and the typical profile of player in the league is more Gundo than not.

Gundog has had a strange season. Alternating from completely off pace and clearly passed it to the sublime. Would love to see 1 more season out of him though. It doesn't feel like this season should be his last season.

We really should do anti-PSG go to Gundo's home and beg him to stay lol

Gundog has had a strange season. Alternating from completely off pace and clearly passed it to the sublime. Would love to see 1 more season out of him though. It doesn't feel like this season should be his last season.
same feeling here. they always say leave when you are at the top. with the possibility of a treble I can see him wanting a change of scenery afterwards. hes been here for a long time. nothing to prove anymore.

He's a smart guy. It's probably a situation where he can go elsewhere a bit slower paced and play basically every week at a really high level still, whereas if he stays here his importance will gradually decrease over the next season or two.

As effective if not more effective than David Silva. Loved Dave but Gundo's ability to impact on games has dragged us over the line on many occasions. It would be sheer madness to let him go now.

I love the handsome bastard! Hope he believes his body can do 2 more years in the premiership perhaps with reduced playing time but like the others before him it’s his call & my very best wishes and grateful thanks are with him no matter what. Providing of course he does not go to any of the red shirted twats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.