8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pal in the kit/promo dept said that at this time of year when they are doing photo shoots etc for next years kits. The club will tell them not to use certain players as they may not be around next season.

Gundo and berni this year :(

Doesnt mean they are deffo off, theyve been told not to use berni for last 2 years! But its just means they wont 100% be around next season
Maybe Bernie loves the Manchester pissing rain and wants to stay forever and he just can't be arsed turning up to photoshoots so has been using Barcelona as a tactic to get out of them.

The sort of player who is more than happy being under the radar. He was a deep lying playmaker at Dortmund. Excellent vision and passing, huge workrate and brilliant positioning. He's taken that and applied it in attacking areas. Against Leeds, covering for Rodri he timed his runs from deep to score twice. Against Everton as a CM it was getting close to Haaland to utilise that space. His finish for the first was breathtaking. His movement for the second brilliant. And the free kick...exceptional.

It would be lovely to keep him, but if he wants to leave then he has my blessing and will be missed. The sort of player who will get his accolades when he hangs up his boots. Having lost two CL finals already, it would be lovely if he could get his hands on that one with us before he leaves and lifts it as captain. He deserves it. He's been undoubtedly one of the best midfielders in Europe over the past decade.

He's never been my cup of tea as a player and I've always criticised him in previous seasons but this season he has been absolutely wonderful, genuinely surprised he didn't make it into the final 3 for player of the season.

Every time I watch him now I end up thinking about how he's Yaya but with more longevity and less plaudits.

He is the man who delivers when it matters the most and I'm going to be really upset if he leaves this summer.

They're such different players, but it's crazy to me that Ilkay is only 16 games shy of Yaya's total for City (and 20 goals).

I think its as much Gundo thinking about one more culture and league move as much as us not wanting him to stay?

They're such different players, but it's crazy to me that Ilkay is only 16 games shy of Yaya's total for City (and 20 goals).

Their playing styles, physique, personalities and pretty much everything else couldn't be more different but, at least in my mind, they will both be remembered as big game players who scored big goals when the pressure was really on.

Trying to remember Gundo's biggest contributions but basically he is that guy who scores a brace when you need it most.

Their playing styles, physique, personalities and pretty much everything else couldn't be more different but, at least in my mind, they will both be remembered as big game players who scored big goals when the pressure was really on.

Trying to remember Gundo's biggest contributions but basically he is that guy who scores a brace when you need it most.

He did that against United in the first half in April 2018. He'd done his bit, then the whole team seemed to decide to let Pogba have his one truly good match for them.
I was in the South Stand, and I wanted to see us crowned right in the faces of the rags! Still seething (well, not really, we've more than made up for it since…).

Just checked: I was sure he got both. He didn't. Vin got the first. Oh if only Vin had got one of the goals that gave us the title then and there…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.