8 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was told yesterday by someone who would know that he is very close to signing a 1 year deal
That's good news if true but a bit surprising on his end. You'd think with his performances over the years he'd want to cash in on a longer-term deal and big signing bonus.

No chance he joins Arsenal or any other English club. He might fancy a go in the Spanish league before he retires. Hope he does sign up for another year with us though as he's still top class and has plenty left to offer.

We should do everything in our power to keep him.. not just from a playing perspective. I have a sneaky feeling he may manage us one day!
Listening to his interview yesterday he sounds a nailed on candidate to be a future manager. He was brilliant on the John Stones ‘new role’. Saying we’d already tried it a few times with Delph and Zinny (interestingly no mention of Csncelo) but it hadn't quite worked. Nice guy, bright guy and hopefully he will end up in the dugout here in due course.

there are no good enough replacements in the market this summer.
Bellingham is off to RM.
McAlsiter to Liverpool .
Caicedo and Rice to Arsenal.

We should give him the 2-year deal.

People keep going on about Mac Allister... I'd take Jacob Ramsey over him all day long myself. Mac Allister is a good player but I feel he gets hyped too much on the back of him playing a part in his countries World Cup win. Ramsey is going to be as good an English goal-scoring midfielder there's been since a prime Lampard I feel. He's also 3 years younger than Mac Allister, who's to say how good he might be at 24 if he keeps on improving.

1+1 seems reasonable and believable enough, hopefully that turns out to be the case.

People keep going on about Mac Allister... I'd take Jacob Ramsey over him all day long myself. Mac Allister is a good player but I feel he gets hyped too much on the back of him playing a part in his countries World Cup win. Ramsey is going to be as good an English goal-scoring midfielder there's been since a prime Lampard I feel. He's also 3 years younger than Mac Allister, who's to say how good he might be at 24 if he keeps on improving.

Ive been hyping MacAllister on the back of his performances post world cup,where he was integral to their success btw.

Not seen enough of Ramsey but i feel he is still largely potential.....where as MacAllister is already tailor made for us,but also with plenty of room to improve.

Ive been hyping MacAllister on the back of his performances post world cup,where he was integral to their success btw.

Not seen enough of Ramsey but i feel he is still largely potential.....where as MacAllister is already tailor made for us,but also with plenty of room to improve.

He's a very good player, don't get me wrong. But I don't think he's someone that can become world-class. He'll be 25 this year and will be reaching his peak in a year or two. Ramsey is a few years younger and is someone who's potential excites me more. Albeit they are very different midfielders to each other. I'm not saying that we should be looking to sign Ramsey at all, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.