8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Good performance. That cross towards Nunes with his left foot was superb, unfortunately he was offside, and neither did Nunes converted it. Some sloppy actions, but overall he did well.

Last edited:
Why are you surprised? There are those married to their own agendas and they'll the same dumb shit over and over again regardless of how a guy plays...
It's because we live in a world of instant gratification. No place for nuance and patience. Same with Nunes - if the team is struggling and the new signings are still finding their feet then you must immediately declare them to be shit. Then if things improve for the individual and collectively, double down on your extreme opinion and bring all kinds of personal remarks into it like how he looks or body language. Saving face is the aim of the game here. Do not entertain any thoughts of admitting you were hasty or perhaps wrong, that's too difficult.

It's because we live in a world of instant gratification. No place for nuance and patience. Same with Nunes - if the team is struggling and the new signings are still finding their feet then you must immediately declare them to be shit. Then if things improve for the individual and collectively, double down on your extreme opinion and bring all kinds of personal remarks into it like how he looks or body language. Saving face is the aim of the game here. Do not entertain any thoughts of admitting you were hasty or perhaps wrong, that's too difficult.
Spot on!!

Hasnt done it for me so far. Not sure what his role is supposed to be ? But no goals and no assists are a telling stat. A very poor immitation of Gundogan.

Last edited:
What does kovacic do??! Has no end product in the final 3rd, and defensively doesn’t seem to offer anything… can pass sideways yes and dribble occasionally well but we already have one passenger in the squad being grealish, can’t have 2. Enlighten me what am I missing I have never seen the hype in this guy.
I agree, he is getting a bit of a free ride after offering next to nothing on the pitch in terms of creativity. He is stepping into some big shoes in Gundogans but so far he is way short of fulfilling that spot. Needs to improve sharpish.

I agree, he is getting a bit of a free ride after offering next to nothing on the pitch in terms of creativity. He is stepping into some big shoes in Gundogans but so far he is way short of fulfilling that spot. Needs to improve sharpish.
I don't think anyone at City was under any illusions on Kovacic's creativity. Not sure why so many seem to think differently. He wasn't signed to replace Gundogans goals.

i'll tell you for nothing he'll be some player if he can do any of that from the treatment table
Well until he got injured he had started 12 league games, I know its hard to remember as he didn't exactly do alot to make you remember he was playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.