8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

OK, please explain what was he signed to do then. He's taking up Gundogans place ?.
My guess he was signed to give back up or support to Rodri. As for Gundogan I think his replacement in that position is more or less Bernardo, who spent most of last season wide right and this season more midfield. So the player to judge Gundogans loss against is more Bernardo than Kovacic.

My guess he was signed to give back up or support to Rodri. As for Gundogan I think his replacement in that position is more or less Bernardo, who spent most of last season wide right and this season more midfield. So the player to judge Gundogans loss against is more Bernardo than Kovacic.
Bernado has still been playing wide this season tho??

Bernado has still been playing wide this season tho??
Not so much Foden ,Grealish, Doku have been more wide. Foden has played centrally,but if we take it Alvarez has replaced KDB for now, then most games either Bernardo or Foden have taken Gundogans place.
There were a few games Kovacic started, think we won all them though.

Creativity? Look through his career stats, 4 goals and 13 assist in 154 premier league games… defence stats aren’t overly impressive either…
That's my exact point?
He's not been creative ever. So not sure why people are disappointed he's not scoring 10 a season and beating him with it. Bit like all the criticism at Grealish, the way some people talk it's like he was Haaland for Villa and Pep has stifled him.

He fucked the club over by moving to Barca at 33 after 7 years of great service and captaining us to the treble?
Yeah. Pissed the club about with a dance around if he was staying or not. Whilst waiting for Barca's next Klarna payment to go through.7yrs of service of which he was handsomely paid then dropped us because his wife wanted to drink rose on a terrace in Barcelona.

That's my exact point?
He's not been creative ever. So not sure why people are disappointed he's not scoring 10 a season and beating him with it. Bit like all the criticism at Grealish, the way some people talk it's like he was Haaland for Villa and Pep has stifled him.

Yeah. Pissed the club about with a dance around if he was staying or not. Whilst waiting for Barca's next Klarna payment to go through.7yrs of service of which he was handsomely paid then dropped us because his wife wanted to drink rose on a terrace in Barcelona.
A drink of rose on a terrace in Barcelona or half a pint of mixed in Middleton - tough choice

That's my exact point?

Christ there's some entitlement there. Do you think maybe the club knew and it wasn't confirmed publicly to not make it a distraction?

That's my exact point?

Leave it out. He achieved everything he could at City. The Spanish league is less physically demanding and Barca will always be a huge draw for any player. Absolute great pro and special player. Bizarre to begrudge him for leaving at the very top. Just like Vinnie did captaining us to the other treble before having a year at his boyhood club.

Mix feeling

That is a good and calm finish.

But apart from that difficult to see what he offers more as an advanced 8 comparing to Bernado or Foden operating in the same area. Day and night if you think of Gundo.

I still prefer his double 6 role a bit deeper like in Luton game coming up from deep occasionally.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.