8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kovacic is an entirely different type of player to goal scoring Gundo. His game is more similar to holding midfielder gundo but better, i don't think or expect him to be chipping in with similar number of goals gundo has over the last few seasons.

The question of where the goals are coming from other than haaland is legit and is probably our biggest concern this summer after losing both gundo and mahrez. that's our two biggest goal contributors outside of the striker gone, there is a danger of us becoming too reliant on Haaland which could lead to struggles but im sure pep has plans for it.

kovacic will be expected to chip in no doubt but i expect the onus will be more heavily placed on the likes of grealish and whoever else plays out wide, be that foden,Bernardo or a new signing to start pulling their weight in terms of goal output.

Kovacic is an entirely different type of player to goal scoring Gundo. His game is more similar to holding midfielder gundo but better, i don't think or expect him to be chipping in with similar number of goals gundo has over the last few seasons.

The question of where the goals are coming from other than haaland is legit and is probably our biggest concern this summer after losing both gundo and mahrez. that's our two biggest goal contributors outside of the striker gone, there is a danger of us becoming too reliant on Haaland which could lead to struggles but im sure pep has plans for it.

kovacic will be expected to chip in no doubt but i expect the onus will be more heavily placed on the likes of grealish and whoever else plays out wide, be that foden,Bernardo or a new signing to start pulling their weight in terms of goal output.
Foden outscored both of them in the league last year. Mahrez actually only scored 5 league goals last season, and one of those was a penalty

Foden outscored both of them in the league last year. Mahrez actually only scored 5 league goals last season, and one of those was a penalty
Dont understand the reasoning behind ignoring cups, were not celebrating a treble if were ignoring cup goals. He got 15 in total, the same as foden. Nobody but the two strikers got more which is what i said originally without the numbers at hand. season before last he was top scorer on 24, before that 14, he's consistently put up the numbers for us even when he's not been a certainty in the side. His replacement, whether that's a new winger or others playing out wide more instead, along with grealish on the opposite flank will have to pick up the slack and be offering a minimum 15-20 goals.

Dont understand the reasoning behind ignoring cups, were not celebrating a treble if were ignoring cup goals. He got 15 in total, the same as foden. Nobody but the two strikers got more which is what i said originally without the numbers at hand. season before last he was top scorer on 24, before that 14, he's consistently put up the numbers for us even when he's not been a certainty in the side. His replacement, whether that's a new winger or others playing out wide more instead, along with grealish on the opposite flank will have to pick up the slack and be offering a minimum 15-20 goals.
Fair shout on the cups. Foden still scored as many as Mahrez in all comps though, and more than Gündy too, so I don’t agree with your original assertion that those two players are our main source of goals aside from the strikers

I do agree with your general point about the squad needing to all chip in with more goals than they’ve managed previously to offset the loss

Got subbed off early in the 2nd half, but he was my MOTM in the 1st half. Fantastic throughout, he was our heartbeat, with a 360 vision, excellent movement, great runs, and passing as well.

Very tidy. He's got that Jack and Bernie-like quality where you just feel like nobody's gonna get the ball off him when he's got it. That little burst into the box was lovely, too. I think he can improve his finishing and score a few more for us than he's managed in the past.

Tidy. Still very much a chelsea player in our team at present though. There's plenty more to come from him when peps had the time to change his game and make him into a city player. Exciting how good he's going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.