8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tidy is the perfect description of his game. Not sure how much we will need him and rodri in a lot of games against brick wall defences. Maybe he will play instead of Rodri in some games.

Solid but where does he fit in when KDB and Foden start?
Horses for courses I think. Given todays performance he’s probably on the bench or rotating with Rodri against the parked bus, lower level teams where we don’t need the retention.

But against teams that actually try to play us, I think the double pivot came back with Juanma - and he’ll be perfect in that role.

He's a lovely player. I think he'll end up playing a lot deeper for us, as more of a 6 than an 8.

It wouldn't surprise me if Pep's plan for resting/covering Stones is to move Rodri into his role and play Kovacic as the 6. So Kovacic effectively rotates with both Rodri and Stones.
As above. Perfect sitting next to Rodri, but probably don't need both in most games.

Means we don't have to flog Rodri again, Kova will slot in beautifully.

A good performance will definitely prove a very useful signing over the course of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.