8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very astute signing. Excellent control of the ball, eye for a pass and very good defensively. Slotted right in.

Didn’t know much about him before we got him.

3 games in and he looks like he’s been here donkeys years.

He has been impressive , slotted into the team alongside Rodri seemlessly , it appears players are judged on assists and goals nowadays which has always been innacurate , Kovacic is a clever player who breaks the lines and doesnt give the ball away , if there was a identikit midfield player for Pep then he ticks all the boxes , a great signing

He has been impressive , slotted into the team alongside Rodri seemlessly , it appears players are judged on assists and goals nowadays which has always been innacurate , Kovacic is a clever player who breaks the lines and doesnt give the ball away , if there was a identikit midfield player for Pep then he ticks all the boxes , a great signing
He's been excellent which kinda blows this needs a season to adapt theory out of the water.

I must say, I was pretty underwhelmed when it was announced he was coming to us, but I'd never really watched him much, and I'm mightily impressed with him so far, I love the calmness he brings, far better than I expected anyway.

Must confess I had seen a fair bit of him and ranked him as the one Chelsea player I'd really like at City. I was very pleased that we signed him but even more pleased having seen him in our team. Could well be the best value for money signing of the summer (by any club).

Feels a bit like Bernarbia in that it's a pity we didn't get him earlier in his career.

At least this time it should last more than 2 seasons.

IIRC, we were interested in him when he left Madrid but of course we had Dinho, Gundo and Rodri at that point. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but maybe we should still have signed him then. We might have won the UCL earlier but then last season wouldn't have been quite so glorious.

Superb again yesterday, but he’s not needed in these type of games. He’s going to be brilliant against the better sides next to Rodri, but against the bus parkers, we need more creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.