8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that basis then he should be playing better with us than he did with them then no?

What did they get rid for seems to be the question on my lips
i would say that the opening few games he possibly played better for us than he had for Chelsea in quite some time, due to being in a better team. however, when the midfield looked fragile, so has he. Or it's the other way around....

but your second point is another one of note, why get rid.

at the end of the day, he's had good and bad form this season like most of the squad. He seems a good squad player to have, on balance so far.

He is supposed to be an intelligent player, but to make that second challenge yesterday, shortly after the first one, was just brain dead. That is a bit of a worry, but hopefully just a momentary loss of concentration & it doesn't happen again.

He is a good player and started the season of very well but seems to have dropped off in his performances, quite noticeably. then again, you could probably copy and past this into the threads for quite a few of our players

I remember he was injured during the last international break with a supposed back problem and there was even talk about him having operation but I don't know how true that was or if it was exaggerated but maybe he's still not 100%, which could explain why his performance is have dipped a bit since then

He is a good player and started the season of very well but seems to have dropped off in his performances, quite noticeably. then again, you could probably copy and past this into the threads for quite a few of our players

I remember he was injured during the last international break with a supposed back problem and there was even talk about him having operation but I don't know how true that was or if it was exaggerated but maybe he's still not 100%, which could explain why his performance is have dipped a bit since then
it wasn’t his back it was his leg, hamstring i think. the whole back thing was imho a very bad translation of a colloquial/sport term for hamstring in croatian.

the day we bought him, a Chelsea fan told me that Kovacic will play as good as the team around him, he can be excellent and can be gash, but he can't influence midfield and set the standard himself, he must have excellent players alongside him to get the best from him.

it's a starkly good assessment so far.
how does that explain his performances for croatia throughout they years? he’s only good there because he plays next to modrić and brozović? but the rest of the team, lol there are no superstars there.

i’ll go with qatar, dinamo zagreb, celtic, stuttgart, atalanta, hoffenheim, leipzig, torino, hajduk split, frankfurt, zenit, rangers, spurs - now compare that to for example english national team. out attack is utter crap and yet we are absolutely overperforming and kova is undroppable and an essential part of our brozović-modrić-kova midfield.

but yeah, keep blaming kova for everything bad, like he’s the only player who didn’t perform well, why not…

Didn’t even lay to well yesterday but he knew he was playing most of the game on thin ice so that had to effect him

Watched him a few times when he was still at Chelsea, thought I detected a bit too much aggression on times. Seemed to put in a lot of border-line tackles when there was no need. A bit like Keown who wanted forwards to be afraid of him.
I assumed City scouts were aware of this and trusted Pep to tone it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.