8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He completed 57/60 passes. 95% accuracy. You're looking for things to moan about. He did his job perfectly well as City controlled the game comfortably.
we'll see. watch again and see 'how accurate' some of those passes were, i.e. two yards behind a player etc.

its early days for him, I agree he needs time but i dont see anything that says he is anything but a squad player and an average one at that

Did his job quietly, solid performance. Could've, and maybe, should've nab a goal.

we'll see. watch again and see 'how accurate' some of those passes were, i.e. two yards behind a player etc.

its early days for him, I agree he needs time but i dont see anything that says he is anything but a squad player and an average one at that
Think he’s a bit better than average! Bloody hell, he ran that Croatia team in the WC. Taking time to settle in but if he’s a reliable squad player that’s fine by me

He completed 57/60 passes. 95% accuracy. You're looking for things to moan about. He did his job perfectly well as City controlled the game comfortably.
He is a different type of player in midfield we are used to having, his style makes it much easier for Rodri to do his thing . The same will apply when KDB is fit again , a lot of fans are just going to have to get used to the fact Kovacic isn’t a flair box to box midfielder just a very effective grafter who links up our play and breaks up opponents play .

Not sure the midfield signings have hit the spot from our normally high transfer performances. We now have Nunes, Kovacic and Lewis who seem to play best as a CM and are not particularly creative. When we are at our best we generally play Rodri + two creative midfielders. We have 3 players who play a position which at best we need 1 for a bit of variety in midfield options. Nothing to show that either Kova or Nunes can provide the cover to Rodri which Kalvin has been unable to

The flip-side of non-creative CMs is that we now have 4 up top instead. The Rodri plus 2 attacking CMs meant 3 up top with the wingers being there to recycle the ball.

Now it's Rodri with another CM plus 4 up top whose main jobs are create, score and cause havoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.