8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never an attacking midfielder for me, simply no instinct for it, he never has.

Let him play deeper and help control the midfield, we have others more suited to play behind Haaland.

I like this guy, who is diligent, humble, and has a serious attitude. He is not one of the top superstars, but you cannot expect all 11 people on the pitch to be top superstars. You always need some players like kova.

It‘s strange because he doesn’t seem to have the composure and control that Gundo did but on the flip side has a real (delightful) knack of finding eye of the needle passes out of nowhere.

Must be a dream to play with as an attacker, somebody always looking for a forward pass.
Why strange? Kova was never being that calming midfielder at Chelsea. It was Jorginho. Kova always has an eye on a through ball but the success rate was alarming low.

Last edited:
Started off really well. Showing for the ball regularly, playing between the lines and finding space to keep us ticking. But then had a really poor spell where he gave the ball away or had it stolen off him. He's an intelligent player and very tidy on the ball but against better opposition we could have been punished. There was one where he decided to flick a header backwards assuming it was safe to do so but didn't realise there were opposition players behind him. In the final 3rd he's really shite. I'd wrongly thought he could get in areas to score a fair few goals, but blimey he can't shoot for shit can he! A surprise when he's got such a good technique. The one he missed from Lewis' pull back took me back to the days of Samaras and Corradi! He didn't even hit the target!

I'll give him leeway because it was a makeshift midfield, but he needs to iron out those errors. He needs to be Mr Consistent for the whole game. It doesn't matter if he doesn't score or threaten going forwards but he has to just keep things ticking.

He's a tidy player but I've never particularly rated him. Don't get me wrong, he's clearly a very good player. But defensively he isn't great and he also rarely gets assists or goals. Not too important in our team, but I always feel like he should be offering a little more than we he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.