8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was on for about 20 mins including the extra time, so not that long, but he made 100% of his passes, had 2 good tackles, 1 interception, and a good run past a couple of players as well. After a very solid CL display, he seems to be back to his good form from earlier in the season.

If he started alongside Rodri today they wouldn’t have had so much of the ball in my opinion. Shame he didn’t start today
Completely agree we were far too open in midfield and a double pivot of Rodri and Kovacic would probably have made us more solid today.

Was on for about 20 mins including the extra time, so not that long, but he made 100% of his passes, had 2 good tackles, 1 interception, and a good run past a couple of players as well. After a very solid CL display, he seems to be back to his good form from earlier in the season.

Yep but without the ball he was poor silva and Rodri was running around closing down just before there penalty and Kovicic was stood there looking as the ball player passed him by! That type of chaotic game think I would put Philips on instead

Yep but without the ball he was poor silva and Rodri was running around closing down just before there penalty and Kovicic was stood there looking as the ball player passed him by! That type of chaotic game think I would put Philips on instead
I agree 100%. I thought he was good with the ball I'm really not sure why people think he's good defensively. Since preseason we've seen people run by him. He did make a good slide tackle on Sterling.

I thought Nunes's legs would have been a better call. He also had the most tackles in the league last year IIRC. It's clear he isn't quite trusted as of yet.

Brilliant tackle at the end of the game. Proper nailed whoever it was from their team (think it was Sterling) but got the ball too.

I agree 100%. I thought he was good with the ball I'm really not sure why people think he's good defensively. Since preseason we've seen people run by him. He did make a good slide tackle on Sterling.

I thought Nunes's legs would have been a better call. He also had the most tackles in the league last year IIRC. It's clear he isn't quite trusted as of yet.

Nunes has it in him and there is time for him but what I've seen he hasn't done that! Only player on our bench who could of done that was Lewis

Should have started and definitely come on earlier. He is a great ball carrier, can handle and move away from pressure and I think his experience would have been key to calm the game down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.