8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not even watch the game from British channel. As I posted here before I am currently on a term abroad. You may rewatch the game in the first half yourself.
No need, and the point is clearly being missed as it wasn’t about ‘that half’, keep up, it was knowing the guys qualities in the first instance, which you have no idea about

Again, it’s ok to not have an encyclopaedic knowledge of players, just don’t pretend to know, that’s just foolish!

An often overlooked fact is that Kovacic has got 4 Champions league winners medals.

You don't get 4 of them by being bang average, 1 maybe, but not 4.
Sometimes that’s not always a good thing to judge by.

In 2015-16: Kovačić only played 2 minutes of football in the CL quarters, semis and final (came on at the end of one of the semis against us).
In 2016-17: he only played 6 minutes of the Ro16, quarters, semis and final (coming on with a minute to go and five minutes to go in each of the quarters against Bayern and didn’t play a minute in the semis or final).
In 2017-18 he did start in the second leg of the semi against Bayern but only came on as a sub for a combined 30 minutes in the quarters and the other semi, and didn’t play again in the final.
In 2020-21: he was injured and missed one of the quarters and both semis and only came on as a sub for 10 minutes in the final.

His 4 CL winners medals came with just 10 minutes of final action and a combined 98 minutes of quarters and semis action over 16 games (well, 13 games as three he was injured for).

Last edited by a moderator:

In 2015-16: Kovačić only played 2 minutes of football in the CL quarters, semis and final (came on at the end of one of the semis against us).
In 2016-17: he only played 6 minutes of the Ro16, quarters, semis and final (coming on with a minute to go and five minutes to go in each of the quarters against Bayern and didn’t play a minute in the semis or final).
In 2017-18 he did start in the second leg of the semi against Bayern but only came on as a sub for a combined 30 minutes in the quarters and the other semi, and didn’t play again in the final.
In 2020-21: he was injured and missed one of the quarters and both semis and only came on as a sub for 10 minutes in the final.

His 4 CL winners medals came with just 10 minutes of final action and a combined 98 minutes of quarters and semis action over 16 games (well, 13 games as three he was injured for).
I know all that - it was more to do with the fact that he was part of an elite Real Madrid squad - 73 appearances

True - he was unlucky with injury in 2020-21 with Chelsea! With Madrid he played with one of the best midfield trio in their prime (Modric/Kroos/Casemiro) so you can't say he was bad but there was no way Zidane will leave Modric/Kroos out in such important games.

Proper player. I was delighted when I knew we were getting him because I rate him highly.

Just has that bit of quality about him that is great on the eye and everything he does has a purpose like his little bursts into space

How seamless he had slotted into Pep's game shows how intelligent and player he is and will only keep getting better.
Is Crooked Rain a Pavement reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.