8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

I said at the time we were rumoured to be signing him he didn’t fit our profile of player, we signed Fernandinho at 28 but Kovacic is no where near that level.

There were plenty on here saying what a great signing he was and after a few games he didn’t look too bad.

The only good thing is hopefully Saudi teams will take him, Nunez and Phillips of us but I think Newcastle’s owners would tell any team in the Saudi League not to help us out.

We’ve made some great signings over the years but these three are nowhere near Gundo’s level, without him, a fit Johnny Stones, KDB, Rodri and Grealish we’re really missing these guys.

Did he touch ball??

Atleast Nunes did… but kicked it out off play in last minute…

Txiki et al, what have you done?

Allowed Gundogan to go without a proper fight and brought in a mediocre crock.

Can only hope he has a better 2nd half of season.

Cant be fit. You cant tell me Phillips would be any worse than him right now
Both cannot perform without Rodri and okay-ish with Rodri. Difference is that Philips provides some long range balls and Kova cannot.

For me he'll go down as one of the worst signings we've made in years. Totally ineffective in and out of possession.

Watch his tracking back at 1-0 down when Luiz hits the post. It's utterly shameful.

There's a reason Chelsea were happy to let him go.
People told me in the pregame thread that we would be 'tighter' with him.

Since preseason versus Atletico, I've been seeing guys run past him in the midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.