8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

I really like Kova. Gets about the pitch very well, rarely loses possession. He has different attributes to Rodri but can turn defence into attack with his passing....Can't believe how some City fans were knocking him not long ago, saying things like we shopped at Aldi. Now it's Nunes turn to get it ffs.
Kova has that kind of face like you wouldn't argue with him in a pub. :)
Ha ha on here you should know you cannot like one player in a certain area of play without some odd need to be knocking another eg doku/grealsih bollocks on here earlier on in the year, it is a blue moon rule ;-)

I don' t mind Kova but I must admit he isn't an adequate cover for if rodri is outas our DM or a replacement for gundos goals and general play, he has qualaties as a link between the two and as part of a double pivot when we need to close out games but I cannot see him doing any more than he did for madrid and chelsea, never gonna be a player that affects games yaya/gundo/silva style, but then we don't always need that in the middle we sometimes need solidity which he helps bring

Last edited:
Had another very good game. He's got his role, it's not flashy but the whole side benefits from him doing it well and doesn't need to be doing any more. Quietly worked his way into some impressive form.

Had another very good game. He's got his role, it's not flashy but the whole side benefits from him doing it well and doesn't need to be doing any more. Quietly worked his way into some impressive form.
Tbh I thought he gave the bal away quite a few times but I do like kova and think he will be solid for us . A good signing

We control games much better with him and rodri starting, the results don't lie.

He doesn't need to be flashy or great on the eye. 11 players like that don't always make a great team. You need players to keep things ticking along. He has a very good understanding of where to be in relation to Rodri's position and movement and it allows us to control games better.

That's what people said about Gareth Barry and James Milner.

Every great team has a water carrier.
Don't expect that from a player with as many trophies in his cupboard.

Looks to be playing within himself.

I know it's the tail end of his career but was expecting a little spark of creativity.

He had a few driving runs before his injury, and a few cute through balls. Believe with a run we will see it again.

Look at Lewis, his game is not perfect but there is some personality there.

One big thing that's happening as well is that it's unlocking a bit more of Rodris ability to go forward. There is no reason why Rodri can't start hitting 10+ a season with someone like Kova slipping into the defensive midfield slot when Rodri breaks forward

Reactions: OB1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.