8 | Mateo Kovacic - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brain fart aside, I thought he had a super little game. When we're coming up against parked buses - which is most weeks - those little passes he can thread through the eye of a needle are vital.

Do I think Kova is the best No 8 choice in the team? No Bernado is better. But he is the 2nd best option currently.

I have to admit that I did value him higher in his chelsea days (watched a lot in Tuchel time. But not so much now.

Good squad player. Okayish game like Today.

Certainly he can contribute but can I image a treble winning team with him in the starting XI? Nope...

PS: All his CL medals came from bench.

But we should invest game time on a new No 8 option from the rest of the squad - who can attack around/inside the box better or buy one in the next window (Bernado is highly likely to leave in 1-2 windows).

Both fullbacks have to push up high because Kova is not able to play more advance and Pep likes to have a number advantage in the front line. But we have no attacking fullbacks. So either a new FB or a new 8... Well I have to admit that if we have a very good attacking FB then Kova can be quite enough as a double 6... But Tikki has no success in buying a FB for the past N years.

Last edited:
Do I think Kova is best No 8 choice in the team? No Bernado is better. But he is the 2nd best option currently.

I have to admit that I did value him higher in his chelsea days (watched a lot in Tuchel time. But not so much now.

Certainly he can contribute but can I image a treble winning team with him in the starting XI? Nope...

But we should invest game time on a new No 8 option from the reset of the squad - who can attack around/inside the box better or buy one in the next window (Bernado is highly likely to leave in 1-2 windows).

Both fullbacks have to push up high because Kova is not able to play more advance and Pep likes to have a number advantage in the front line. But we have no attacking fullbacks. So either a new FB or a new 8.
I'd like to see Nunes or Grealish take a crack at that "Next to Rodri" role as you said, we are likely to lose Bernie, and Kova is getting older, although I think Kova can probably do this for a few more years.

I don't want Kevin slotting back, let him be in the behind the striker spot and move everywhere he needs to.

Do I think Kova is the best No 8 choice in the team? No Bernado is better. But he is the 2nd best option currently.

But we should invest game time on a new No 8 option from the reset of the squad - who can attack around/inside the box better or buy one in the next window (Bernado is highly likely to leave in 1-2 windows).

Both fullbacks have to push up high because Kova is not able to play more advance and Pep likes to have a number advantage in the front line. But we have no attacking fullbacks. So either a new FB or a new 8... Well I have to admit that if we have a very good attacking FB then Kova can be quite enough as a double 6... But Tikki has no success in buying a FB for the past N years.
Lol

Thought he did well tonight, the whole team were pretty brilliant though and bossed the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.