8 points ahead with 6 to play & they finish second.

8 points ahead with 6 to play & they finish second.

bono said:
forget 7 games the key is to win 1 game sunday and watch what can of worms opens up no fucking surrender

Your right and I've been saying this, win against arsenal and the rags who thought it was all over on Monday night might just twitch but this Arsenal game is a toughy

Like Bobby said; 90 points will win it - That's another 19 wanted, six wins, one draw will do. The rags will f*ck up at least twice before the fat lady sings.

They'll draw v either Wigan or QPR (perhaps both), lose to us (obviously), and blow it completely at Sunderland = max 13 points, giving them 89.

Just like '68, last game clincher - We hammer QPR, while Sunderland do the old 2-0.

City 90 points, Champions and the place is rockin'

BELIEVE!!

I like the OP's spirit. I've been depressed about this all day but this post has cheered me up somewhat. They will slip up, it's going to happen therefore it's kind of in our hands.

This is why Mancini's comments infuriated me. Yes it is unlikely that we'll win from this position, but it's certainly not the kind of attitude you should be broadcasting to your players and most importantly the Rags.

We're better then them. If we come back to our pre Christmas form (right now, mind) then we will win fucking win this.

salfordblues said:
I like the OP's spirit. I've been depressed about this all day but this post has cheered me up somewhat. They will slip up, it's going to happen therefore it's kind of in our hands.

This is why Mancini's comments infuriated me. Yes it is unlikely that we'll win from this position, but it's certainly not the kind of attitude you should be broadcasting to your players and most importantly the Rags.

Mancini said if we lose vs Arsenal and are 8 points behind then it's over, and I agree. Not quite how it was reported though!

Brendan110_0 said:
salfordblues said:

Mancini said if we lose vs Arsenal and are 8 points behind then it's over, and I agree. Not quite how it was reported though!

But we WON'T lose against Arsenal... Bobby's trying to play mind games

Brendan110_0 said:
salfordblues said:

I've seen the direct quotes from Mancini and he basically says:

"IF the Rags beat Blackburn AND they beat QPR AND we lose to Arsenal then it's over"

While this is true games aren't played on paper.

I thought he was displaying a defeatist attitude which will not help us in any way unless, in some strange way, it makes the Rags become complacent and we can pip them at the post. But it is unlikely that this was his plan and it is more likely that, not for the first time he was being too honest for our his (and our) own good.

It's all a cunning plan so that we can get the jelly & ice cream out at the end of the season.

I remember, (back before Sky invented football in 1992) we beat the soon to be Champions- Leeds 4 nil at home. I was only 9 at the time but remember the game pretty well.

Looking up the end of that season makes some interesting reading.
The Scum played a week later at home beating Southampton 1 nil and they then had a 5 pt lead with 5 games to go.

Man U - Played 37 - Points 74
Leeds - Played 37 - Points 69

United’s fixtures included Luton away (drew), Forest at Home (lost) West Ham away (lost) Liverpool away (Lost) and by the time they played Spurs at home they had already lost the league...

Leeds games weren’t particularly easy – Chelsea (home) Liverpool (away ) Coventry (home) Sheff United (a derby away) and Norwich at home.

Leeds - Played 42 - Points 82
Man U - Played 42 - Points 78

They were 5pts clear with 5 games to go – we had just Battered Leeds – what do you reckon the odds would have been on them going on to win the league then?

Yes football has changed – but in essence, anything can still happen. The point i’m making is that though the odds are well and truly against us, it isn’t impossible. It annoys me to see people giving in and this mentality does reflect back onto the club and the team. That pic of the crying fan would have got serious air time and stuff like that doesn’t help as it adds to the negativity.

Do we actually believe we are the “best team in the land” this season? Most neutrals would say we’ve played the best football and probably have the best squad.
We’ve played poorly recently and United have had a bit of luck too...but as i said, it’s not over til it’s over. This team has the potential to still go out and win every game they play – United have the potential to slip up.

How sweet would that be?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.