8 points ahead with 6 to play & they finish second.

SWP's back said:
Vico_el_Diablo said:
I remember, (back before Sky invented football in 1992) we beat the soon to be Champions- Leeds 4 nil at home. I was only 9 at the time but remember the game pretty well.

Looking up the end of that season makes some interesting reading.
The Scum played a week later at home beating Southampton 1 nil and they then had a 5 pt lead with 5 games to go.

Man U - Played 37 - Points 74
Leeds - Played 37 - Points 69

United’s fixtures included Luton away (drew), Forest at Home (lost) West Ham away (lost) Liverpool away (Lost) and by the time they played Spurs at home they had already lost the league...

Leeds games weren’t particularly easy – Chelsea (home) Liverpool (away ) Coventry (home) Sheff United (a derby away) and Norwich at home.

Leeds - Played 42 - Points 82
Man U - Played 42 - Points 78

They were 5pts clear with 5 games to go – we had just Battered Leeds – what do you reckon the odds would have been on them going on to win the league then?

Yes football has changed – but in essence, anything can still happen. The point i’m making is that though the odds are well and truly against us, it isn’t impossible. It annoys me to see people giving in and this mentality does reflect back onto the club and the team. That pic of the crying fan would have got serious air time and stuff like that doesn’t help as it adds to the negativity.

Do we actually believe we are the “best team in the land” this season? Most neutrals would say we’ve played the best football and probably have the best squad.
We’ve played poorly recently and United have had a bit of luck too...but as i said, it’s not over til it’s over. This team has the potential to still go out and win every game they play – United have the potential to slip up.

How sweet would that be?
You should post more

A refreshing change to Pigineho's (spelling?) sad deferential posts

city diehard said:
piffy on a rock bun said:
we win seven on the bounce & they draw against someone else, its not imposible & would probably finish bacon face of for good.
KEEP THE FAITH.

Hear, Hear! Come on Blues!

we will also have to bang in more goals than they do, as there's always a possibility even if they do draw and lose against us we could still end up with an inferior goal difference - which would be most sickening way to lose it.

SWP's back said:
YaYa's Left Peg said:
Well......No I really can't be bothered...
I'd say that also if I'd made an erroneous statement like you did.

They win Vs qpr, they are 8 ahead. (in the same way we were "5 ahead")

We then win all 7 remaining games.

Don't beat yourself up about it, we know you meant well.

Can't beat a nice bit of sado-machism (sp?), that's what I say!

Well I worked out that we'd both be on 92 points - so down to gd, which we can't predict with so little in it.

Loved Vico_El_Diablo's post. Remember it well.

YaYa's Left Peg said:
SWP's back said:
YaYa's Left Peg said:

Can't beat a nice bit of sado-machism (sp?), that's what I say!

Well I worked out that we'd both be on 92 points - so down to gd, which we can't predict with so little in it.

My original post was utd could be 8 points ahead & they would have 6 games to play also if we did win 7 on the bounce including beating them I would hope we would have a better goal difference, but well spoted on the possibility that they could have the better goal difference.
May as well give up I suppose.

piffy on a rock bun said:
YaYa's Left Peg said:
SWP's back said:

Can't beat a nice bit of sado-masocism (sp?), that's what I say!

My original post was utd could be 8 points ahead & they would have 6 games to play also if we did win 7 on the bounce including beating them I would hope we would have a better goal difference, but well spoted on the possibility that they could have the better goal difference.
May as well give up I suppose.

Wasn't meant as a dig mate, so apologies if you took it as that.

I guess the paranoia in me came out, thinking that somehow, if it came to goal difference between us and them, then they'll either cheat or stuff themselves to a better one (or someone will conveniently take it up the arse to accommodate them).

Change you original hypothesis to us storming seven and them losing one more, then I'm with you all the way! Even better if we give them another humiliation at our place along the way.

In any case, first things first, let's get that win at Arsenal....

I think we can stop them winning the league at ours but it's almost certainly theirs. I knew that after we lost at Swansea.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
YaYa's Left Peg said:

I'd say it's the part where he says '6 to play' when there are 7...
Not for Utd after they go 8 ahead there won't.

Think.

This is my first post here. Sup with all the negativity on this forum? We beat the rags 6-1 at their own home. We can beat them again!
If we just stick to our game and win like we were doing at the start of the season, I'm sure the rags will fail at some point and drop some points!

We're the supporters of this team. We should be positive and cheer our staff and players on instead of showing this negativity.

Rag twats won't go 15 wins on the bounce, never, so they will drop points somewhere. We just have to be ready to pounce. They will drop points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.