8 points ahead with 6 to play & they finish second.

Vico_el_Diablo said:
I remember, (back before Sky invented football in 1992) we beat the soon to be Champions- Leeds 4 nil at home. I was only 9 at the time but remember the game pretty well.

Looking up the end of that season makes some interesting reading.
The Scum played a week later at home beating Southampton 1 nil and they then had a 5 pt lead with 5 games to go.

Man U - Played 37 - Points 74
Leeds - Played 37 - Points 69

United’s fixtures included Luton away (drew), Forest at Home (lost) West Ham away (lost) Liverpool away (Lost) and by the time they played Spurs at home they had already lost the league...

Leeds games weren’t particularly easy – Chelsea (home) Liverpool (away ) Coventry (home) Sheff United (a derby away) and Norwich at home.

Leeds - Played 42 - Points 82
Man U - Played 42 - Points 78

They were 5pts clear with 5 games to go – we had just Battered Leeds – what do you reckon the odds would have been on them going on to win the league then?

Yes football has changed – but in essence, anything can still happen. The point i’m making is that though the odds are well and truly against us, it isn’t impossible. It annoys me to see people giving in and this mentality does reflect back onto the club and the team. That pic of the crying fan would have got serious air time and stuff like that doesn’t help as it adds to the negativity.

Do we actually believe we are the “best team in the land” this season? Most neutrals would say we’ve played the best football and probably have the best squad.
We’ve played poorly recently and United have had a bit of luck too...but as i said, it’s not over til it’s over. This team has the potential to still go out and win every game they play – United have the potential to slip up.

How sweet would that be?
You should post more

Vico_el_Diablo said:
I remember, (back before Sky invented football in 1992) we beat the soon to be Champions- Leeds 4 nil at home. I was only 9 at the time but remember the game pretty well.

Looking up the end of that season makes some interesting reading.
The Scum played a week later at home beating Southampton 1 nil and they then had a 5 pt lead with 5 games to go.

Man U - Played 37 - Points 74
Leeds - Played 37 - Points 69

United’s fixtures included Luton away (drew), Forest at Home (lost) West Ham away (lost) Liverpool away (Lost) and by the time they played Spurs at home they had already lost the league...

Leeds games weren’t particularly easy – Chelsea (home) Liverpool (away ) Coventry (home) Sheff United (a derby away) and Norwich at home.

Leeds - Played 42 - Points 82
Man U - Played 42 - Points 78

They were 5pts clear with 5 games to go – we had just Battered Leeds – what do you reckon the odds would have been on them going on to win the league then?

Yes football has changed – but in essence, anything can still happen. The point i’m making is that though the odds are well and truly against us, it isn’t impossible. It annoys me to see people giving in and this mentality does reflect back onto the club and the team. That pic of the crying fan would have got serious air time and stuff like that doesn’t help as it adds to the negativity.

Do we actually believe we are the “best team in the land” this season? Most neutrals would say we’ve played the best football and probably have the best squad.
We’ve played poorly recently and United have had a bit of luck too...but as i said, it’s not over til it’s over. This team has the potential to still go out and win every game they play – United have the potential to slip up.

How sweet would that be?
Odds are against us, but it's still very much alive.

I've seen Utd play Fulham and Blackburn and they've been far from impressive. The only difference is they are not leaking goals. We can sort that. Kompany and Lescott are now back

Sorry, but I can't see it. I'm one of the most optimistic Blues I know but with the attitudes of some of the players recently we will not win it this year. It's coming people but not yet, be patient we know we are here to stay.

piffy on a rock bun said:
we win seven on the bounce & they draw against someone else, its not imposible & would probably finish bacon face of for good.
KEEP THE FAITH.

BRILLIANT!! if this happens I'm gonna donate £100 to JOE HARTS favourite charity.
If baconface koofers it, that will make my season.

piffy on a rock bun said:
we win seven on the bounce & they draw against someone else, its not imposible & would probably finish bacon face of for good.
KEEP THE FAITH.
No excuses now.Every player owes it to the fans to give 110 %.Ffs this is the run in for the BIG ONE. Hope they realise the shit were gonna get off them if we come second.As far as im concerned anybody not pulling there weight can FUCK OFF AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

SWP's back said:
YaYa's Left Peg said:
Well......No I really can't be bothered...
I'd say that also if I'd made an erroneous statement like you did.

They win Vs qpr, they are 8 ahead. (in the same way we were "5 ahead")

We then win all 7 remaining games.

Don't beat yourself up about it, we know you meant well.
I'd say it's the part where he says '6 to play' when there are 7...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.