8 points clear

I’d say Fernandinho trumps the lot. There isn’t another player like him in the squad.
Add Fernandinho to that. Also need to be able to give Stones and Otamendi a break now and again.

Having said that, Napoli away was an intense game in fitness terms and you could see we were blowing due to that. Silva and Walker were everywhere all game due to the midweek rest. We can rotate for final two CL games which will be vital to get us to the new year potentially still in such great form.

I see Gundogan as a potential replacement.

Don't forget we could have Mendy back from end of March and having seen him play he could provide cover for Sane as well as appearing at lb now we have seen what Delph can do as a lb.

Steady as she goes, City are brilliant at the moment, the PL title isn't won in November but I'm confident we have the right balance now and I am confident we will win the league from here..!
Just the results so far against Chelsea, Dippers and the Arse have put a serious marker down, teams know how we are going to play week in week out but the difference this season is there is fuck all they can do about it, without compromising how they want to play, therefore creating the right conditions for City to kick on and take them apart.. One of the big differences I have seen this season is the desire and success in taking the ball off the opposition in their own half and in central midfield, teams cant cope with a team with such flair and such a workmanlike ethic, its fuckin brilliant to watch innit ;-))) .. Long may it continue....

8 points was my 'figure of doom' back in the days of Liverpool/ Leeds etc & 2 points for a win.

My theory then: if you get 8 points behind the 'best' team, at any stage of the season, you have to be so much better than them, just to get level & at the same time, they have to slip enough to drop 8 points more than you, during that period. So in most seasons, you've shit it, already.

Now, with 3 points for a win, that figure is 12.

One of the big differences I have seen this season is the desire and success in taking the ball off the opposition in their own half and in central midfield, teams cant cope with a team with such flair and such a workmanlike ethic, its fuckin brilliant to watch innit ;-))) .. Long may it continue....

This is what we're getting really good at and it's paying huge dividends

Steady as she goes, City are brilliant at the moment, the PL title isn't won in November but I'm confident we have the right balance now and I am confident we will win the league from here..!
Just the results so far against Chelsea, Dippers and the Arse have put a serious marker down, teams know how we are going to play week in week out but the difference this season is there is fuck all they can do about it, without compromising how they want to play, therefore creating the right conditions for City to kick on and take them apart.. One of the big differences I have seen this season is the desire and success in taking the ball off the opposition in their own half and in central midfield, teams cant cope with a team with such flair and such a workmanlike ethic, its fuckin brilliant to watch innit ;-))) .. Long may it continue....
We close down that quick even if we dont win the ball the opposition are rushed in thete passing and give it away.
Brilliant to watch us both with and without the ball

I'm so glad we have this 8 point cushion at the moment as all the experts are saying we won't win a game when all the bad weather comes. None of our guys have ever won a match in cold conditions you see.
Not sure which "experts" you have been listening too that have said that, but I haven't heard any say anything remotely that way. Most (even Shearer) think its ours to throw away now, which it is.

I'm struggling to think of a team that will beat us at the moment, let alone a bunch of teams, as even when not at our best like yesterday we look like scoring for fun.

Not sure which "experts" you have been listening too that have said that, but I haven't heard any say anything remotely that way. Most (even Shearer) think its ours to throw away now, which it is.

I'm struggling to think of a team that will beat us at the moment, let alone a bunch of teams, as even when not at our best like yesterday we look like scoring for fun.

Fatigue & Mangala, are the biggest worries re that.

Fatigue & Mangala, are the biggest worries re that.
Fatigue yes, but other teams will get that too, as for Mangala, I'm not as down on him as most, and used in the right games in the right team, I think we'll/he'll cope just fine, chucking him into a makeshift defence is when there is a problem, and even against Wolves we didn't concede with a makeshift defence.

Fatigue yes, but other teams will get that too, as for Mangala, I'm not as down on him as most, and used in the right games in the right team, I think we'll/he'll cope just fine, chucking him into a makeshift defence is when there is a problem, and even against Wolves we didn't concede with a makeshift defence.

I was always an advocate of him being given a chance, but even in his first cameo game this season, I watched him, specifically, & I thought he was really fucking dreadful, & I don't mean his passing, I mean his defending. I don't actually care about his passing.

His 1v1 performance v Wolves, if repeated v Lukaku or Kane or Morata, would result in us getting turned over, badly.

if he does play, we need a much better version, than the one we have seen so far this season. I'm just hoping Vinny gets fit enough to be our cover, then I'm happy we have no Achilles heel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.