80 | Cole Palmer - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, be the end of Mahrez this kid I expect. Very Similar skill set and moves
A bit more substance too.

Palmer just needs to find the consistency and decision making,that will come with a bit more experience,while simultaneously getting stronger,and i believe we will have a much more balanced and reliable player than Mahrez.

I'd be putting the feelers out in January,when hopefully Sterling is offski.

Palmer is the best finisher in the club...right now. His three goals yesterday were all brilliant strikes. So many of our first team have been crap in this area and you almost expect them to miss. Maybe Cole can give them shooting lessons...haha!!.
The nonchalant ease with which he side footed in his first was a joy to watch. The other two were both great strikes. Very promising.

Hard to see how 3 minutes could benefit him in all honesty. Jim'll fix it type stuff .
Length (in minutes) of Phil Foden's first 15 league appearances

7'
10' (4-1 up when he came on)
1'
18' (4-0 up when he came on)
8'
8'
21' (4-0 up when he came on)
2'
15' (3-0 up when he came on)
18' (5-1 up when he came on)
1'
21' (3-0 up when he came on)
6'
5'
1'

Expect Palmer, and McAtee and Delap to get plenty of 5 minute subs, unless we're battering the opposition in which case they *might* get 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Positive quotes from Pep today on Palmer. Reminds me a bit of how Foden was integrated. Training with the first team, odd cameo appearance...just takes time. Pep knows what he's doing here.

Number of minutes is pretty irrelevant. Pep thinks he's up to speed with 1st team training and the Prem. I expect those who can cut it in the 1st team will find PL2 very easy, very fast.

Being in the dressing room is immense. For example just watching as others are taking a bolloxing for messing something up is a grounding for later when it's him on the end of it. He needs to see that once you are in the first team it's ok not to be perfect. Otherwise he'll never improve.

With the confident strut of Balo, the ball-striking of Matt Le Tiss, Kev-level awareness, a touch of gazzer's piss-taking, Berbatov's balance, a bit of hyperbole (a lot ?) is irresistable.
Back that up with the determination of Phil, ( probably the hardest to achieve) , lady luck's best side, and he might even be a starter! (sarcasm alert) . Good luck to the lad and kudos to the staff at the academy.
no need for the hyperbole. he will be a good replacement for mahrez in the future, but not a foden level talent though.

Hard to see how 3 minutes could benefit him in all honesty. Jim'll fix it type stuff .

It's all about normalisation isn't it. The idea for him is to get used to the environment, which we know from Foden's progression does actually work. He'll get more minutes eventually, hopefully.

Positive quotes from Pep today on Palmer. Reminds me a bit of how Foden was integrated. Training with the first team, odd cameo appearance...just takes time. Pep knows what he's doing here.

He is talking about him and I can't help but feel it is close. He is a player who can unlock things or bury them from long range; either is a definite attribute because we face packed defences every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.