80 | Cole Palmer - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone actually have faith in the club not going out and spending anywhere from £50m-80m on a winger to replace Mahrez when his time is up? Because I don’t. Same goes for McAtee and Delap. I don’t have faith that we’ll do what it takes to open a pathway for them and keep it open. We’ll buy a young striker in the summer for a lot of money and I feel like Delap will have a few years as backup striker before moving on to be someone’s first choice. McAtee’s already got suitors, and I don’t think Brighton would be bidding unless they have been encouraged to. I’d settle for just one of them making it with us, but it seems a long shot. Unless they are die hard blues like Foden, I don’t see them taking his approach.

Does anyone actually have faith in the club not going out and spending anywhere from £50m-80m on a winger to replace Mahrez when his time is up? Because I don’t. Same goes for McAtee and Delap. I don’t have faith that we’ll do what it takes to open a pathway for them and keep it open. We’ll buy a young striker in the summer for a lot of money and I feel like Delap will have a few years as backup striker before moving on to be someone’s first choice. McAtee’s already got suitors, and I don’t think Brighton would be bidding unless they have been encouraged to. I’d settle for just one of them making it with us, but it seems a long shot. Unless they are die hard blues like Foden, I don’t see them taking his approach.
I think the fact that Pep is now name dropping Palmer suggests that he is going to get his chance. If he keeps doing what he did yesterday, he becomes impossible to ignore.

We need to be on the phone to all the leading championship sides ASAP to get this lad some real games. He's far too good for the eds but it's a giant leap to the first team and he's coming into a squad that's stacked in his preferred positions. Getting 20 minutes in a few 5/6-0 mauling and the odd carabao start can't be better at this stage than playing every week for a side expected to win every game in the championship. He could have the same impact this season for say a Bournemouth or Fulham as a Mason Mount did at Derby, it's not like he's 17 and unprepared for men's football, he's 19 now he needs games under his belt.

Think it's more clever body movement and having the intelligence to know when the opponent is on his back foot to steal a yard than being quick. I'd say foden is deceptively quick, I don't think Palmer has that kind of pace in him.
Don't agree with that. I think the plan should be for him to follow the same path as Phil. Learn from the best and make the odd appearance and then be ready to be a regular performer. Palmer is one of the rare Academy talents that realistically can harbour ambitions of becoming a first team regular or squad player.
He will gain little or nothing going to Fulham or somewhere like that for so called game time which often fails to materialise and the overall benefit to a player like Palmer's development is marginal at best. His best chance of making it, is staying put, and waiting for his chance to shine. If an opportunity does not arise then I would personally advise him to do a Sancho rather than going on a string of futile loan spells.

Isn’t it up to the players to open up a pathway by being good enough? Which for me, is exactly what I think this kid is doing

Palmer being involved in match day squads is encouraging,but,long term,i am also leaning towards your thinking.

Those kids,and Lavia,are capable of playing Prem football IMO - and other clubs,as you say,have noticed.It wont be too difficult to turn their heads if light at the tunnel end isnt seen here.

I believe Palmer should follow Foden path, it is better for his development. Training with first team on regular basis with world class coaching and team mates personally is far better rather than go on loan with some mediocre team with average coaching and teammates where he will learn little with them, because he be better than averages in those team for supposed game times.

Why people still think Pep method fail when he made examples of many youngster and player coaching personally under him turned to be world class is beyond me.

Palmer is the best finisher in the club...right now. His three goals yesterday were all brilliant strikes. So many of our first team have been crap in this area and you almost expect them to miss. Maybe Cole can give them shooting lessons...haha!!.

Palmer is the best finisher in the club...right now. His three goals yesterday were all brilliant strikes. So many of our first team have been crap in this area and you almost expect them to miss. Maybe Cole can give them shooting lessons...haha!!.
I think Cole is good enough to make it here but the premier league is like a different planet compared to EDS.

Not only looks a good player, but he has the attitude, a slight arrogance, he looks like he belongs in that team already and is not fazed, that's a great attribute to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.