80 | Cole Palmer - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has a future here. I’m just waiting for McAtee now who is just as talented. Is it bad for me to wish that someday the team is littered with academy lads who can win things
It’s easier to give attacking players minutes because of risk.

I have a lot more hope for McAtee, Palmer, Delap etc irregardless of talent because they can get chances more often.

The defensive players do as well, but ultimately they need a loan and need to “man up” before they can get sub minutes regularly.

Might be the best false 9?

His stature makes him look like more of a threat in that position, and his movement and eagerness to shoot on sight is best inside the box.

He gave us much more of a focal point when he came in. Could be an outside bet to start false 9 on Saturday? Not happening, but it would get me excited haha

It’s easier to give attacking players minutes because of risk.

I have a lot more hope for McAtee, Palmer, Delap etc irregardless of talent because they can get chances more often.

The defensive players do as well, but ultimately they need a loan and need to “man up” before they can get sub minutes regularly.
Well said. Why I’m happy Callum Doyle went on loan to Sunderland (doing well as well). Hopefully, it’ll all work out

I think he’s a better RW personally, but he has good instincts in the box.
It's worth noting that going back even to preseason, Palmer's been used centrally quite frequently in midfield or attack. Even if it's only in spurts.

Which compared to Foden and Grealish is really interesting.

He has that special aura about him when he gets the ball in dangerous spaces you know he will be positive with it.

That’s why Pep is so into him but I hope he doesn’t over complicate and coach it out of him.

Said this a few months back and now I feel even more strongly that he could end up being our most natural fit as a false 9. If you're Palmer you have to be looking at the squad, and realistically you're not going to get much gametime on the right with mahrez and jesus wanting minutes there, central midfield isn't going to happen but there's a way in as the 9 with no current obvious choice. He should be constantly working in training on playing that position and showing Pep he's the answer whilst there's a gap, he could easily find himself in the team most weeks if he does. He can play the false 9 role and I think he has all the attributes to be a deeper more conventional 9 too, like a Firmino for the candle worshippers.

Has to happen for him now though, if it doesn't happen for him in the next 4-6 weeks, he might find himself behind Torres when he's back and then he's waiting until the summer where we should be bringing in an actual striker and once that happens he's further down the pecking order. Of course injuries or form can give him opportunities but I think it's a big 2 months for his season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.