80 | Cole Palmer - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
F9 seems to be Pep's preference to give the youth attacking minutes.

Cole had a good showing, best I can say is he didn't look out of place. Nothing too special as we know he has great finishing and I'd like to see a goal from him in that position, but it'll come.

Seems like he is a permanent part of the first team, haven't seem him with the EDS in ages.

Had a quiet game however, bar Phil, everybody who plays false 9 is mediocre at best so did no worse than others. Good experience for him, he could potentially be our best suited false 9 in time, hopefully he picks things up quickly and can be a real option there for us as there's an opener into the side for anybody who can perform there.

This isn't a criticism, it's something for every single kid to deal with when first breaking through unless they're a physical freak of nature, he will have to adapt to men's football quicker than most whilst he's getting his shot and learn not just to shield the ball better but also getting his body in the way to go passed players and get a foot on the ball when tackling.

Was (understandably) poor/nervous the first 20, after that he started to play a bit. I thought his movement was very good and think he's got a lot more to offer. Great experience for him and great to see another local lad in the team. Get it right with him and mcatee and we're bang in business

Silky player, had a quiet start, but soon settled down and made some great passes. Certainly doesn't look out of place in the first team, plenty more to come.

I thought he did well and will have learned some valuable lessons about the step up from EDS level and the fact he will not have as much time before being closed down or tackled. It's great that he is getting game time and he certainly looks like he could establish himself in the squad on a long term basis.

I’d have been made up to have one starter every 3 years from the youth set up whilst making money from the rest.
To see Foden, Palmer and no doubt one or two more on the cusp is a testament to the holistic approach we’ve had, which ironically is mocked by many.
We are in very safe hands going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.