80 | Cole Palmer - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right. But as others have said it really doesn’t matter.
Exactly, these guys aren’t diehard fans, they’re players and as kids they probably just followed the crowd. It’s not like he’s done a Charlie McNeil and jumped ship. Kids who possibly don’t have parents or other relatives who are regular match going fans just tend to pick a team to say that they support them without showing any actual intrest.

It's not only natural ability that is needed to get to the top, but attitude with a touch of arrogance.

This kid has it, the way he took his goal was outstanding, especially with Mahrez screaming for the ball to his right, many young players would have passed to the senior player in fear, not this kid.

One to watch and may well be part of this team during the season.

Hate to put pressure on young players , but what i have seen of Palmer, all be it very limited, he has the confidence and ability to become the next success story from our academy , quite sure Pep can develop Palmer along similar lines he did with Phil , gradually introduce him into the team over the next couple of seasons.
A lot of us , me included were frustrated during Phil's early development and wishing he was given more playing time but Pep got it 100% right and he will with Palmer.

New highlights from this past season. Very impressive.

Is it feasible for Palmer, Delap, Lavia AND McAtee to make it at City? Somehow it feels far fetched for them all to become key parts of our squad. I think it’s clear Doyle won’t make it here, sadly. It’s going to break me losing one (or more) of these kids. To integrate them all, the club need to leave clear pathways open for them. I’m not fully convinced they will.

I wouldn’t write off Doyle yet. Everything can change so quickly at this age. A year or two ago everyone would have thought Braaf was the next in line to get integrated….so it can all change. Injuries, competition etc.

While the attacking goal scorers get the plaudits I wouldn’t bet against one of the defenders becoming more established first.

Is it feasible for Palmer, Delap, Lavia AND McAtee to make it at City? Somehow it feels far fetched for them all to become key parts of our squad. I think it’s clear Doyle won’t make it here, sadly. It’s going to break me losing one (or more) of these kids. To integrate them all, the club need to leave clear pathways open for them. I’m not fully convinced they will.
It is feasible but will require patience from all sides, including fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.