80 | Cole Palmer - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, these guys aren’t diehard fans, they’re players and as kids they probably just followed the crowd. It’s not like he’s done a Charlie McNeil and jumped ship. Kids who possibly don’t have parents or other relatives who are regular match going fans just tend to pick a team to say that they support them without showing any actual intrest.
believe charlie mcNeil started at united, went to city and then went back to the rags. He's a massive rag himself, so fair doos.

I dont think we have ever had this many high quality academy talents at once.

I'm not saying they are the absolute highest quality we have seen like Foden, but I could legitimately see the ones people have pointed out in this thread making it in a top 6 side some day.

Hopefully for us.

Is it feasible for Palmer, Delap, Lavia AND McAtee to make it at City? Somehow it feels far fetched for them all to become key parts of our squad. I think it’s clear Doyle won’t make it here, sadly. It’s going to break me losing one (or more) of these kids. To integrate them all, the club need to leave clear pathways open for them. I’m not fully convinced they will.
Palmer --> Mahrez
Delap --> open spot
Lavia --> Fernandinho
McAtee --> Gundogan
Wilson-Esbrand --> open spot

You are right. Whether the club fills any spots before they can claim them is the big question. The timing is different for each spot and things may or may not work out due to that, but there's a chance for each of them. It seems only the talented CBs we have on loan and in the EDS look to be blocked from the First Team currently.

Last edited:
Palmer --> Mahrez
Delap --> open spot
Lavia --> Fernandinho
McAtee --> Gundogan
Wilson-Esbrand --> open spot

You are right. Whether the club fills any spots before they can claim them is the big question. The timing is different for each spot and things may or may not work out due to that, but there's a chance for each of them. It seems only the talented CBs we have on loan and in the EDS look to be blocked from the First Team currently.
This is my point really. When Mahrez moves on, are the club going to be brave enough to not dip into the market? Delap’s open spot is clearly going to go to an expensive recruit. The dream is Haaland, but Vlahovic is more realistic. Either way, they are young and will totally block Delap. We’ll get a few years where he’s content being number 2, but then what? If he isn’t yet ready to be the main man he’d probably start thinking about a move with a buy back option. We have been linked with many DMs in recent years that haven’t materialised, hopefully that’s because Lavia is earmarked for it, but is it too soon for him? Lavia is only 17 and this is Fernandinho’s last year. I suspect we’ll buy someone.

I want to believe the pathways will remain open but I just don’t, sadly.

This is my point really. When Mahrez moves on, are the club going to be brave enough to not dip into the market? Delap’s open spot is clearly going to go to an expensive recruit. The dream is Haaland, but Vlahovic is more realistic. Either way, they are young and will totally block Delap. We’ll get a few years where he’s content being number 2, but then what? If he isn’t yet ready to be the main man he’d probably start thinking about a move with a buy back option. We have been linked with many DMs in recent years and none have materialised, hopefully that’s because Lavia is earmarked for it, but is it too soon for him? Lavia is only 17 and this is Fernandinho’s last year. I suspect we’ll buy someone.

I want to believe the pathways will remain open but I just don’t, sadly.

palmer looked absolutely quality when he came on, I bet he’s wondering why he wasn’t given the opportunity to start the game.
We need to hold onto these lads as the future is about bringing youth through.
I love foden 10 times more than any current city player for the fact he’s one of our own ! If they have a heart for the club then in my belief they fight harder for us

You’re right. But as others have said it really doesn’t matter.

As long as he doesn’t do one to them then it doesn’t really matter, you’re right. No reason why he should too when he’s got a clear pathway to the team already.

The Academy's success in terms of providing first teamers is absolutely critical as opposed to simply beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.