80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far too placid and casual,nowhere near enough fire in his belly.

All the ability and raw talent in the world,but it’s no good without the above and it will define his career.
Big season ahead for him. Has been accused of trying too hard and at times in recent games has looked the opposite. Needs a run of games as he definitely can play and can hurt teams but at what level is still up in the air. Problem for young players at City will be the que of lads wanting a chance behind you as much as the quality in front.

Big season ahead for him. Has been accused of trying too hard and at times in recent games has looked the opposite. Needs a run of games as he definitely can play and can hurt teams but at what level is still up in the air. Problem for young players at City will be the que of lads wanting a chance behind you as much as the quality in front.
Needs a loan to a prem club.
The problem is he looks decent in short spells. Did well against Chelsea first 15-20 and then disappeared.
Looked ok yesterday when he had the ball early but struggled to influence the game. BUT he also missed the big chance at the end.

Needs to play every week to see where his levels are at.

I haven't seen evidence of trying to hard.....but neither am i saying he isnt trying hard enough,he just needs to apply himself that bit more in the right way.....switch on,spot danger,and know how to deal with it and get the foot in where necessary......i'm not sure if its just inexperience,something he can learn and improve,or if he just doesn't have that fight about his character.

When in full flow he is wonderful to watch,he is like a ballerina with the ball,he can cause havoc and is capable of match winning moments......its the casualness,lack of awareness,and missing aggression that frustrates.

Needs loaning to a team that gives him a genuine opportunity.

Such a talent. He has a laconic style and there will always be people who don't like that - from Berbatov to Mahrez, mercurial talents who don't get mud on their shorts will always polarise opinion.

Love watching how he glides past people, possibly my favourite on the eye, there is a but coming however in that you've got to make it count as well. The greats like Sergio and KDB almost have another force inside them to drag a game their way when it matters and you can say the same of greats in other sports, its almost sheer will power as well as ability.

Holds on to the ball for to long after beating a player.

Yep. After getting used to the flow passing of Pep's era it is a bit annoying to eyes.

I have catch myself saying multiple times, great move now pass it, dammit pass it, but he still tries to do something more, only to lose the ball. He needs to be as good at dribbling players as he is, but then make it meaningful for the team also, make the quick pass or not try to start another series of unnecessary dribbles.

I know people will ask for a loan but I think he needs a permanent move with a buy-back option

He needs to go somewhere that'll love him and give him good amount of gametime

Sell him for £20mil (ish) with a £50mil buy back and hope that he can develop properly

No shame him not being good enough for us, but it's going to be really tricky for him to break in when we have guys like Foden, Alvarez and Mahrez on the bench most weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.