80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His languid running style reminds me a bit of a young Chris Waddle, but an assist v Chelsea and another (almost) v Brighton … plus our 2 best efforts on target yesterday means there is lots to look forward to next season hopefully?!!
chris waddle? thats offensive to chris waddle.

more like a young luke chadwick

His languid running style reminds me a bit of a young Chris Waddle, but an assist v Chelsea and another (almost) v Brighton … plus our 2 best efforts on target yesterday means there is lots to look forward to next season hopefully?!!
Plagiarised off the commentary, almost verbatim

Just managed to watch the sky 26 minute highlights. that chance at the end sums up where he is - staying in the squad based on goodwill because he’s mancunian
He had a triple effort on goal near the end.
Whatever about the first two, can't understand why he didn't put his foot through the final chance.

If ever a player needed regular game time to kick on it is Cole. I think he could be City level but he needs more belief and that will only come through playing.

I would be looking at placing him on loan at a Championship contender next season as he will benefit more playing for a team that is on the front foot and scoring lots in the Championship than playing for a lower/mid Premier League team where he would be doing more defending and be on the losing side more often than not.

Leeds and Leicester are probably going to lose players like Harrison, Barnes, Maddison etc. so will have opportunities. If Cole could go on loan to say Leeds and help drive them to promotion he would learn a lot and gain the confidence and self belief he needs to kick on. He has the talent to do that.
He has to believe in himself and sharpish as time is running out for him, may have already run out. Palmer is still an enigma. Bags of skill no doubt but poor mental attitude. He's had a poor season. If he's retained he has to make things happen next season or he'll probably be put out on loan next January.

If ever a player needed regular game time to kick on it is Cole. I think he could be City level but he needs more belief and that will only come through playing.

I would be looking at placing him on loan at a Championship contender next season as he will benefit more playing for a team that is on the front foot and scoring lots in the Championship than playing for a lower/mid Premier League team where he would be doing more defending and be on the losing side more often than not.

Leeds and Leicester are probably going to lose players like Harrison, Barnes, Maddison etc. so will have opportunities. If Cole could go on loan to say Leeds and help drive them to promotion he would learn a lot and gain the confidence and self belief he needs to kick on. He has the talent to do that.
As Pep says 'when you attack you have to be a fucking animal" that's what he needs. If he does go on loan Wednesday might be good too.

He had a triple effort on goal near the end.
Whatever about the first two, can't understand why he didn't put his foot through the final chance.
The amount off chances he's had at least one off them should be in the back of the net. Fortunately it was a game we could afford to lose so the reason why he got his chance to show what he can do.

Won't be surprised if his off to Leicester on loan next season as he would be perfect for Maddisons replacement.

Yep. After getting used to the flow passing of Pep's era it is a bit annoying to eyes.

I have catch myself saying multiple times, great move now pass it, dammit pass it, but he still tries to do something more, only to lose the ball. He needs to be as good at dribbling players as he is, but then make it meaningful for the team also, make the quick pass or not try to start another series of unnecessary dribbles.
This is what Mahrez was doing in his first season here

He’ll learn as the lad is a class act

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.