80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has shown excellent finishing at EDS level so I understand why he takes shots when there may be better options. It is difficult for him and youngsters though. Score and your profile goes through the roof but just doing the basics make people refer to you as average.
I have a feeling he will score a cracker against Saints.

I don't think Pep will cares about that, yeah score will raise your profile but in Pep point of view he needs to get the basic right or else he will get benched.

Cole has improved hugely without the ball-his work on the left will benefit him in the long term. All things that I think Pep and the coaches will notice.

He's made 27 career appearances. Vast majority of them as random sub appearances. How many starts has he made in his career? 10? 15? Dunno, but it's clearly no more than half that total which is nowt. He's clearly still very much at the beginning of his career, and having to learn new positions too. He's barely had any real regular game time, played in four positions - right wing, left wing, midfield and as a false nine - and had a serious injury keep him out for half a season. Why are people expecting the world from him? He's doing just fine and learning lessons out of position. No rush at all.

Spot on bewildering how so many don't see he's played in 4 or 5 different positions already, when he's only used to one the right wing and did he play at wingback too? I'm not sure if I'm thinking of someone else but I think Cole might have. He's been out injured long-term like you say and had other niggles too, the left wing is completely alien to him all his academy strengths are nullified there, If he's gonna play there or elsewhere he's gonna have to learn those roles for the first team which is a big ask, it'll take time patience is needed but Pep obviously sees something the moaners don't. Another thing nobody notices is he usually retains possession very well even when playing in a role he isn't used to, he has a great awareness of his own dribbling and is still very hard to tackle even in a role he doesn't fully understand yet I think that truly is positive. It's defo a shame he's not as confident on the left yet but what do we expect it's alien to him and it takes time to adapt, had he played on the right he'd have absolutely skinned their wingback there's no doubt about it but he's competing with Mahrez.

I've got a mate who keeps slagging Cole off he just refuses to see his talent, then latches on to the smallest negative he used to slag Gundo off too, he's a nice lad Cole his aim will be to prove these doubters wrong and he'll do it, not sure what it is with our fans even before the takeover there was always a scapegoat usually a local lad... Gundo was even a scapegoat for a lot of whingers who had no patience but for some of those it stuck for years, it started in his first season when we were weaker in other areas and changing style, they attacked him instead of seeing our other problems.

Cole Palmer will grow into the first team he just needs time the rest will all fall into place, these idiots posting after a 4-0 win because he had a couple sloppy moments they need to stop and think, he's just a kid it's all very rag-ish to me very spoilt impatient children who need to give their bloody heads a shake.

A work in progress.

Naturally a light weight......His strength/aggression and hold up play are coming on a treat.

Reactions: TFC
Not every academy kid has to be a superstar, some can just do a job like a Fletcher or an O’Shea.

I think Palmer is good enough to come in and play in games like Sunday and this Wednesday, allowing the better players the rest that’s needed in the modern game.

Yep something very true and even Nedum said something to that effect.

Not every kid that comes from the academy will be Phil Foden or Leo Messi.

Hopefully another runout tomorrow. I'd argue Mahrez could use a breather in preparation for the rags tie so maybe even on the right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.