80 | Cole Palmer - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad seems to have stalled and will probably be off on loan next season.

I think he’s ‘stalling’ a bit because he’s not getting consistent fist team football. Even when he is playing well, he’s then not played for 3/games.

Bellis, Doyle and macatee have all greatly benefited from loan moves and look much better players for it, so I wouldn’t be against it

I think if he does not start vs Bristol in FA cup then fair to say he wont start a game for us this season anymore.

overall he started only two games, Sevilla home in CL and Chelsea home in Fa cup.
total of 110 minutes of PL game time and that is from subbed in 9 time (zero starts), basically 12 mins on average and vast majority of that was up until October.

Literally 12 minutes of football in PL since end of October and doubt many more he will get given the stakes involved and how tight the title race is.

In hindsight may have been better off to go on loan and get 30-40 starts in Champo. Sure a club like Burnley would have taken him and given how well they perform under Kompany it would have been a good experience to be part of a promotion winning team.

His situation differs from Foden’s a few years back in that his upward curve has taken a distinct downturn. Whilst clearly talented, he hasn’t shone in his infrequent appearances this season and consequently finds himself out of favour. Different from Ricoh too, who impressed but is arguably taking a well-judged break.

Fact: it’s so difficult for a youngster to break into a team of serial title winners/defenders.

Therefore I also wonder if a loan might be a good way to get back on track (or otherwise, as the case might be).

Just not kicking on like we hoped.

By this point in Foden's development you could see that little spark that just needed time.

Don't see it in Palmer. Doesn't mean he won't come good, just don't think it's happening.
Anyway, got shouted at for saying this but seems pretty obvious Pep doesn't fancy him.

Loan move in the summer to a Championship side, sold for £15-20m the following summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.